Panasonic DVX / DVC Battery topics - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 10th, 2003, 04:59 AM   #106
Major Player

That's a good suggestion - I may give them a try since I've heard good things about them elsewhere as well.

Otherwise, there's also Zotz Digital, a solid company to work with, and a sponser of this site too. Check them out to see if they have it in stock, ask for Tom or Brian.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #107
Major Player

Scott, I bought a pair of Sabah Oceanic Batteries that were to emulate the BP945 for the GL2 and they do not last half as long as the Cannon name brand, even though the Sabah's were listed as having more juice. Of course I have not tried every brand but for this reason I am leary about the knock off batteries.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 08:36 AM   #108
Regular Crew

I can appreciate your concern. I too had the same concerns what I found was that the batteries worked at least three hours +

I did recieve a cgr d16 i think with the camera.. So I havent had a comparable sized battery to compare it too.. What I do know is I can use my camera quite a long time with those batteries.. I cannot attest to their longeviety for charge and recharge.. I have only used them for a couple of months.

The main issue I think is the price.. 34.95 they outpower the smaller panasonic batteries that seem readily available. For the price I dont think you can go wrong. If they were comparably priced to the real deal then i would consider the panasonic ones naturaly..
Scott Plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #109
New Boot

CGR-D28 Battery - Not Panasonic

Hello there. With my recently purchased DVX100 I recieved 2 CGR-D28 Batterys made by DIGITAL CONCEPTS. It worries me that they aren't Panasonic.

I was also sent a DigiCom Charger.

So I was wondering if any other users own this brand CGR-D28s or charger. If so, do they serve you well?
John Dorfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #110
Major Player

The DVX100 should have come with one Panasonic battery (the CGR D16 -- the low-end one) and a Panasonic charger. If you bought a suppossedly "brand-new" cam and it only came with off-brand charger and battery, then you got scr*wed.

That said, if it simply came with an extra charger and two extra batteries, then great. Off-brand isn't necessarily bad, but your camera should have at least come with the typical Panasonic accessories.

See the DVX100 brochure for included accessories:
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/brochures/B_AG-DVX100.pdf
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #111
New Boot

My camera came with the battery and all the other accessories. I just ordered 2 CGR-D28 Batteries in addition to it. For some reason I had assumed they would be Panasonic. But they weren't.

I suppose I'll use 'em anyhow...
John Dorfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM   #112
Major Player

Ahh...Phew, that's a much better scenario than what I was assuming!

It seems that most people recommend buying "off-brand" batteries -- you can get very good quality for a much cheaper price in many cases.

I haven't used Digital Concepts before, but when I bought my DVC80 I bought the Power2000 brand batteries instead of the Panasonic brand and I've been more than happy with the performance.

If you paid Panasonic prices for these batteries, or if the company led you to believe that they'd be Panny batteries, then I'd worry (and be p*ssed). Otherwise, give the batteries a workout and see how long they last. You might be pleasantly surprised.
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 11:29 PM   #113
Major Player

I recommend the Panasonic 5400mah battery very much. I was able to pick one up off of ebay $80 before they were released for sale here in the U.S. now at $150. Hopefully they will pop up on the auction scene again. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #114
Regular Crew

AG-DVX100(P) Batteries

All -

I know there has been much discussion on the board in regards to buying batteries with extended life for this astonishing camera and thought I'd add my 2 cents. I've perused much of the battery information found in this forum but it did not solve an urgent dilema. I've been looking for a 3-hour battery since my purchase but quite honestly did not want to attempt an online purchase after considering some of the online vendor(s) reputations. That is not to say that ALL online vendor(s) are created equal but I've read more con-type reviews than pro and it was enough to make me wary. I've considered EBay as well but really didn't want to go through the hassle of the process. I could have used the specialty shop where I purchased my camera but they told me it would be 5-7 business days and this was direct from Panasonic. I know - impatient, right?

So - just on a whim, I decided to go to the local Radio Shack and what do you know. They carry a 3-hour(CL210/211) and 4.5-hour battery(CL310) that is 100% compatible as a replacement for the AG-DVX100's CGR-28A/1B. It's a company called Again&Again (made in Japan) and distributed by North American Battery Company in San Diego, Ca. The battery is a CL210/211 Li-Ion/7.2V/1700mAh/3-Hour Running Time and sells for $75 usd.

http://www.nabcorp.com/search/images/cl210.jpg

I was going to purchase the 4.5-Hour version but they were sold out for the moment. I realize that many AG owners (as well as others) would rather get a better deal online but at least at Radio Shack, you won't have to contend with the constant attempts at the hard upsell, lost merchandise, refusals to provide tracking numbers, bait & switch routines, that classic, "It's no longer in stock" when you decline the upsell and the accompanying rudeness when you call to confirm an order.

On a lighter note, a good battery cross reference site for many different camcorder batteries can be found at the following:

www.nabcorp.com

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Cheers!

K. Mikel Low
Mikel Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #115
Barry Wan Kenobi

There are much better deals available. What you need to pay attention to is not the "so-and-so hours" rating, but the milli-amphour rating. You got 1700mah batteries. They sell 3100mah batteries (about twice the capacity) over at DVXUSER.COM. B&H sells Power2000 batteries which are 3600mah for about $70. The biggest battery is the 5400mah Panasonic CGR-D54s, which run about $180.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #116
Outer Circle

I agree with Barry. And if you want DVX batteries made by Pana, you can get them in Japan or Down-Under for a lot cheaper, especially with the hip-pack.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 12:02 AM   #117
Regular Crew

Thanks for the additional info gents. I will definitely look into getting more bang for my buck in the near future. I needed a quick fix for today as I am totally aware of the mAh rating. This is the very reason I enjoy this board so much because the pro's (like you guys) are always ready to drop the wisdom. Thanks again for the response.

K. Mikel Low
Mikel Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 01:17 AM   #118
Regular Crew

so may i know if CGRD53A is compatible with DVC80? This one below at b&h i mean:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=214243&is=REG

thanks a lot.
Johnny Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #119
Barry Wan Kenobi

The D53 would definitely be compatible with the DVC80. However, it's a belt-pack-mount battery system which may or may not be convenient for you.

The CGR-D54 is also known as the VW-VBD55. It's the longest-lasting, most convenient battery available for the DVX. I got one from ebay seller "shimwass" and it's by far my favorite battery, it lasts about six hours with no sweat. I also have a couple of the Power2000 3600mah batteries, they seem to last around three, maybe three and a half hours.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 03:50 AM   #120
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Barry Green : The D53 would definitely be compatible with the DVC80. However, it's a belt-pack-mount battery system which may or may not be convenient for you.

The CGR-D54 is also known as the VW-VBD55. It's the longest-lasting, most convenient battery available for the DVX. I got one from ebay seller "shimwass" and it's by far my favorite battery, it lasts about six hours with no sweat. I also have a couple of the Power2000 3600mah batteries, they seem to last around three, maybe three and a half hours. -->>>

Oh I see. I found CGR-D54 on b&h, the price is $169.00, do you think it is good price?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=282863&is=REG

and do you think its better to stick with one brand (panasonic) or it doesnt hurt if you switch between different brand of batteries?

thnx again.
Johnny Cheung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant