Vinson---Did you Buy One? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 23rd, 2002, 01:07 PM   #1
Rextilleon

Vinson---Did you Buy One?

Vinson, I'm from the dv.forum---I was wondering if you had decided whether or not you were buying the Panny----People seem to like it.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I wish. I don't have money to buy the VX2000 less on the Panny. I want the DVX100 but frankly I don't believe I'll be able to afford it. I'm leaving it in the Lord's hands at this point. If He wants me to have it I'll get it. I don't want to get it right now anyway because I have no editing system yet and frankly no one really knows anything about it. I really want a full review on this cam. From what I hear it's hot to death but I really want to see footage from it and not footage on a computer. It's a tough time for me right now so I'm going to take what I can get. Right now all I have is a Panasonic PVDV-100 with a dead pixel in it. If I can't get the Panny I'll have to get the VX2000 or GL-2. The VX seems like it's becoming a fav or mine now (I saw a guy shooting with it downtown and it looked so cool) and the picture quality is supposed to be awesome (I'm sure it is with a highend Sony cam, no problem there).

But I'm keeping my eyes out for reviews. I know there's some indie guys on this forum and in other places already shooting movies and productions on this cam. I'm thinking about going deeper in dept to get it. Either way I want to pay off my credit card debt before I get into more dept.

-Vinson
Vinson Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:16 PM   #3
Outer Circle

Rex, welcome aboard. Beaser's here too.

No DVX100s yet here in Vancouver.

Artstar, look at Pana's MX5000 - a poor man's DVX100 !
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 06:48 AM   #4
Rextilleon

Thanks Frank----so far I am very impressed with the quality of the posts~!
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:04 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I hope we can get the whole crew over here. I like this set up better. As for the MX, I'll think about it. I really like having 3ccds and progressive mode. I can live with out 24p but it's a big plus. I think I'll just have to go deeper into dept.

-Vinson
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:09 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Yeah, that'll give Bruce a nice long rest and recover from a 3 year old headache. They still haven't fixed those forums over there, and my God those flashing ads are driving me and others crazy. This site really is a breath of fresh air.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:17 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Actually Frank I read that it is a 3ccd cam. Does anyone review it? How is it on low light and sound? I might just get a pal version of it. I'm still interested in the DVX's wide angle lens and 16:9. That psudeo 16:9 worries me (even though I think the DVX has a psudeo 16:9 mode too) the line "MX500 starts with 934 x 768 then converted to 720 x 576 without zoom. Almost appears natural!" puts me on edge. Is there somewhere I can see the full specs.

-Vinson
Old October 26th, 2002, 05:21 AM   #8
Outer Circle

High lux, sorry. That's because of the 1/6" CCDs. The Australian PAL version should be out Nov. 1st. 16:9 is achieved similar with the PDX10. No worries, mate, as they say Down-Under. You can download the PAL user manual on my Pana page:

www.dvfreak.com/pana_mx5.htm

There's also other good links there. Do check out Terrence's link. He's got great DVX100 info. Opps, I see Terrence's DVX100 info page right up top of the threads.

I'm curious of what the price will be for the PAL MX500 and DVX100. (The DVX100 is still not out here in Vancouver---I keep checking!)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant