DVC 30 xlr adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVC 30 xlr adaptor

I searched and could not find a clear answer for my question, I apologise if starting a new thread for this was poor etiquette...on to my question.

Is the xlr adaptor from panasonic the only one that I can use with my dvc 30? If not, what would be a good recommended adaptor, or is the one made by panasonic the best option for this specific camera?
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You can always use a different product, but they all would have to be plugged into the mini-plug input of the camcorder.

I think the MYA would be the best choice, simply b/c it has a better proprietary connector + phantom power, which is otherwise hard to come by.
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

it really is worthwhile gettin the "official" adapter as it opens up a myriad of sound options within the cameras menu system when its connected. On top of that its NOT as clunky as a beachtek and it looks extremely sexy when doing a shoot.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

thank you

Thanks guys, that was exactly the information that I was looking for.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 04:33 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Sexy ???? Whoaaaa !!!

You mean if I use it, I will attract more chicks and they will be mine ?? !!!

:-D

(I couldn't resist)
Adam Folickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:08 AM   #6
Regular Crew

At least that's what it says in the manual...

@Peter Jefferson: I'm just gettin started, but I thought that the XLR Adapter disabled all Options in the menu... where can I find the additional ones?
Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:04 AM   #7
Inner Circle

of course.. the chicks see this big black thing hanging and....

bascially all the options within the menu system which pertain to the internal mics are disabled, and replaced with DVX style mic settings (agc, -50/60db etc) i dunno bout NTSC models though, but the dvc units i was using let me o this..
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:21 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Sounds great to me, now I have a PAL DVC 30 and must be standing beside me bc I just cannot find the replacements. Could you give me a little more deatailed description? Thank you very much!!
Old July 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Has me puzzled as well. When the XLR adapter is connected the only user adjustable option left available is monitor level.
The microphone input mode selector is fixed at manual and can not be changed to AGC.
The -50dBu/-60dBu is a function of the attenuator switch on the adapter itself.
So, there appear to be no "myriad of sound options within the cameras menu system" when the "official" adapter is connected.
Alex Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:12 AM   #10
Inner Circle

oops, i meant the menu system options are turned off and replaced with the "myriad" of functions on the unit itself..

sorry for the confusion and bad writing..
I distinctly remember the -50/-60 seeelection though.. unless im dreaming it and still thinking DVX, which could well be the case coz i was using a dvc30 and a dvc on the same shoot..

ok, u can slap me now..
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Yeah, I think you're mixing the 2 cameras up - SLAP!
Alex Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #12
New Boot

What if I have a MixPre or something similar with real good preamps, phantom power, etc., and I want to feed directly to the Panasonic proprietary connector instead of the miniplug line feed? Does anyone make a cable for this? Does anyone know what each of the pins in that connector on the DVC30 actually is for? Or is this a secret that Panasonic is keeping so people have to buy their hissy XLR adapter in order to have any kind of XLR input to the camera? Even if I could find a connector for Panasonic's plug, is it set up to take a line feed?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant