Wow to the DVX100! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 9th, 2002, 02:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Wow to the DVX100!

I just downloaded the "uncompressed_di.mov" clip off of the http://linnproductions.com/michael/ site and I was so impressed that I actually started talking to my self about how much it looked like film. I was completely blown away! I pulled the clip into Premiere and played it out to my monitor connected to my computer. This gets rid of the interlaced look and adds a ton. It was so beautiful! Too bad the camera is two-thousand dollars too expensive...
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2002, 04:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Who is the girl? DAMN!!! Oh yeah, the 24P is beautiful too...
Taro Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2002, 01:50 AM   #3
Outer Circle

Instead of lipstick she can put on a Cokin Sunsoft filter.

Instead of slipping on high heels, she slips on to a tripod.

Instead of a lovely hat, she wears a mic.

Okay, I did my part. I'm outta here, and back to reality.

I have yet to see one of these cams. The dealers here do still not have them in stock. By the time they get them in, they'll be something new, in the way of 24P---maybe HD too, by Sony or Canon.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2002, 06:39 PM   #4
Wrangler

Is that video still there? I check out the link but found nothing.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2002, 11:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yah,

I looked too but couldn't find anything specifically about the dvx100. The videos were super compressed qt.
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:27 PM   #6
Major Player

Wow, what a camera...

My AG-DVX100 arrived today. I'm sure I'll be pulling out my hair before too long, and running back here for help, but for now I'm going to spend the weekend basking over finally having my own pro camera to bring to life the stories I've been dying to tell. The long guarded savings account may be dwindling fast, but my doc is officially on its way. What a feeling!

A big thank you to everyone for your patience and invalueable help and support.

Off to play...
Marcia
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #7
Major Player

I got my DVX100 the other day and I'm in awe of it--I know full well it's smarter than me, and I'll do my best to learn from it. :D
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:24 PM   #8
Major Player

WOW, superb camera

Only until now, have I really recongnized how great of a camera this is. Observe:

http://www.ywenzstudios.com/DVX100/dvxcomments.htm
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 05:37 AM   #9
Major Player

Those are the most convincing images I've seen of the camera's great optics. Thanks, Yang.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:18 AM   #10
New Boot

Your work really cracks me up.
Mitch Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:35 AM   #11
Major Player

He, he... I know what you mean. Every time I pick it up and mess around with it I find something else that amazes me. I've used "lesser" cameras for so long that it's an absolute rush to put this one through its paces and discover what it can do and how well.
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 09:52 AM   #12
Major Player

Haha nice pun
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 08:11 AM   #13
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Marcia Janine Galles : He, he... I know what you mean. Every time I pick it up and mess around with it I find something else that amazes me. I've used "lesser" cameras for so long that it's an absolute rush to put this one through its paces and discover what it can do and how well. -->>>

I can relate....

This thing ooozes quality.... and jsut messing with the audio features alone have blown me away as it does everythign i need it to do and then some...

In all honesty, i lost my breath at its depth of field.. the fact that it can do this in an auto setting without much trouble is amazing.
Even running the manual zoom freaked me a little as i was literally flicking the ring (were talking extreme closeup with that D0F i was talking about to full body shot) and tryin to see the latency of auto focus and it was so fast that i really couldnt tell...
this helps when doing weddings and your following the Photographer... no more finding focus on short notice...

one thing abotu it thou, is that when you hold a shot on auto, and there are 2 subjects of a similar size, it tends to lock onto one.. moving slightly, it locks onto the other, and i have noticed it "learns" what the subject is in a way where the sonys and canons could not...

Now tomorrow, i dive into white balance and zebra...
zebra freaks me a bit, as im jsut used to the basic overexposure bits, but this one has a crosshair kinda thing which i havent investigated as yet....

if anyone ahs any info, feel free to brag about its uses!!!
I wanna learn more!!!
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 08:17 AM   #14
Inner Circle

cool effects, what did u use to create it?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 09:40 PM   #15
Major Player

Thanks, it was a real simple effect done using 3DStudioMax, I applied the cropped video as a map onto a similarly proportioned plane and cut up the plane into individual pieces that will blow apart. Then using a bomb modifier to blow up the plane. Then I composited a fireball behind it and used Trapcode's Shine to make the green lightrays.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant