AG-DVX100A Rebate Kicked up a Notch - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 31st, 2005, 06:12 AM   #16
Panasonic Broadcast

Dale Nicholson:The Panasonic Website states that something called the DVX100A Serious Production Package includes
+Camera,
+Serious Magic DV Rack Software,
+Kata EFP Bag Extra-Roomy Production Bag$250.00,
+Panasonic CGAD54SE/1B Lithium-Ion Battery 7.2V / 5400mA Snap-On Battery

Dale, this is the Serious Production Package, there are other packages but this one includes exactly what is stated there.. in addition to that with the camera you get the DVX-Book and Magic Bullet, in the box. You qualify for the $500 rebate, and then you will also recieve 10 free AMQ tapes and another 5400mA battery. The rebate program is wrapped around the camera, the Serious Production Package is just that a bundled set of things that should compliment the serious production person.

>Yet on EVS and other dealer sites no mention is made of the DV Rack software or Kata bag; in fact, EVS doesn't mention the free battery or the ten free tapes that I'm hearing about (unless I'm not seeing it) . Am I hearing wrong?

EVS has just chosen not to show the Serious Production Package. Note that it is at a different price than the camera alone.

>I'm assuming the $500 rebate involves a form the customer fills out after purchasing the camera. As to the other freebies, what specifically will be shipped with the camera, and what will I have to request from Panasonic directly? And what that I listed above is NOT included as a freebie?

The DVX has a street price around $3400. The Serious Production package is about $400 more on the street. The Kata Bage the DV Rack are not freebies but are products that are part of a customized package. The rebate form can be filled out electronically by going back to our wesite and clicking through to the rebate claim form hidden behind the Special Offer statement.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Responses appreciated.
Thanks--

Dale[/QUOTE]
Old August 31st, 2005, 07:42 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks Jan. EVS is on my short list, so I wanted to know if they offer the Serious Package or just what exactly is included. You helped. I should probably talk with Rush at EVS too.

--Dale
Dale Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 10:08 AM   #18
Barry Wan Kenobi

There are two different products being offered. The DVX by itself (which includes a whole lot of freebies) and then a special bundle called "Serious Production", which is the DVX (and all the freebies) plus some other stuff (such as the bag and Serious Magic's DV Rack program).

The DVX100A rebate package includes the $500 rebate, the DVX Book/DVD, Magic Bullet Editors software, plus a mail-in offer for free CGR-D54 battery and a box of AMQ tapes.

The Serious Production bundle is a more expensive package that includes all that plus the bag and DV Rack, etc.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant