repairing scratches at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:37 AM   #1
New Boot

repairing scratches

Hello,

I use the DVC-80 and recently scratched the black paint coating on the outside of the LCD moniter and was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to repair these scatches? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

i been lookin for some touch up paint for the dvx.. (not only does it scratch, but the sandish texture fades too.. )

at this time, ive had no luck, not even Pana have this is a spare part.. :(
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:22 AM   #3
Major Player

I always just use a Sharpie on black objects that get scratches. It'll give a purplish sheen but it is mostly unnoticeable.

You could go as far as getting modeling paint. Should be in the toy section at any department store.
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:28 PM   #4
New Boot

touch-up paint/masking

I went back and forth between the ideas of simply "touching up" the small scratched areas or carefully masking the Panasonic logo and upper and lower areas of the LCD, creating a rectangular shape that can then be spray-painted . Because of the different angles that the upper and lower areas have, a color difference would be less noticable. However, not feeling confident with my ability to mask the logo, I did a simple flat-black touch up. BE CAREFUL of the screw that protrudes from the right side of the lens hood when not attached to the camera (it seems the likely perpetrator--I was careless and jammed it in the case while on the go)

Last edited by Stuart Deaver; August 23rd, 2005 at 01:50 AM.
Stuart Deaver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant