My DVX and an Emmy Award Winning Show... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Major Player

My DVX and an Emmy Award Winning Show...

Hey all:

Just a fun little story and pretty cool regarding the DVX100a. I just moved to LA about a month ago and sold my DVX within a week as I've been focusing on editing for the past while and felt I was wasting my dvx even though I loved it. So I got a response from Craigslist and ended up selling it for $3100 (had 50 hours, warranty, with rain slicker, Libec tripod, filters) to this really cool guy who works location sound and was about to begin work on the new season of Arrested Development. So he calls me tonight and says they needed an extra camera for some hood mounted pov and single shots and they literally used the camera I sold him and are using the footage (the episode airs Sept. 19th)! He also said they plan to use it in some more upcoming episodes, that just weirds me out. Anyways, thought it was a pretty cool story, go DVX!
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #2
Major Player

That's awesome! I love that show and the fact that they now use a dvx(thanks to you) makes me proud. Damn the dvx is one sick camera.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I know this is an old post but that freaking awesome to know! Thanks for sharing it.
Jay Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #4
Major Player

well, just as another update, I was working for another network in affiliation with Fox Sports Net on two shows, the first one was shot on Beta and was a typical celeb party clip show and the second show was a little documentary on an up and coming tennis player. The footage from the latter looked great and while editing, I said to the producer, god I love beta and he said no, that was shot on the Panasonic 24p camera. I didn't believe him and went into the machine room where the tapes had just been captured and sure enough, miniDV tapes shot on a DVX100a. As a side note, they apparantly were capturing it using some special extra expensive deck that supposedly added a little bit of quality in color and detail to the footage but I mean, I was really blown away by this stuff, I mistook it for Beta, which is a bit embarassing but I'm telling you, this stuff was gorgeous (this was in the hands of a highly experienced network videographer with state of the art decks to capture mind you). I believe it was all 30p, all great lighting and perfect exposure, really nice job by this guy and the show turned out to be one of my strongest, go DVX!
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant