Panny disappoints again. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM   #1
Major Player

Panny disappoints again.

When I bought my camera on May 2nd, I expected my rebate and battery and tapes in 4-6 weeks. When I got my rebate check finally at 8 weeks, they told me another 3-4 weeks for the battery, which would be the end of July. At DVExpo East they also told me batteries would be shipped by the end of July. Then in early August they said that battery issue would be solved by the end of August. Well here it is September 1st, and still no battery in sight. I don't care much aboutthe tapes, but they would be nice to have. After 4 months of waiting I am going to be forced to buy another battery, because my one hour battery and my extra hi-cap battery is not enough for an upcoming shoot. Last week I was down to 10 minutes of battery time on my second (original) battery when I finished the shooting. That was pretty stressful.

So it turns out that the kicked up rebate is not worth much to me, because I doubt I will ever need THREE high capacity batteries (if the rebate one shows up), plus the standard one.

I like my DVX, but this issue is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I am starting to wish I had just saved the money by buying a grey market camera and bought my own battery & book/DVD.
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

re: panny disappoints

Bob,

I agree that 4-5 months waiting for a battery is unexcusable, especially when someone from Panasonic should give you an explaination for the delay. For me, 4-8 weeks is too long to wait for a rebate. I dislike them anyway.

Not too long ago a friend of mine had a customer complaint with Hewlett-Packard and he was unable to solve his situation directly with them. He began to tell "all who would listen" on the Net about how poor HP was at customer support. Needless to say, HP eventually came around and resolved the issue. In these situations I suppose (1) try dealing directly, - which you have done, (2) try esclating to upper customer support/mgmt., and (3) shout it from the roof tops. Good luck.

Paul Carlberg
Paul Carlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 04:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Paul, if it was just me it would be one thing. Everyone is in the same boat. It seems like companies can't put a customer reward system in place anymore without screwing it up (Not just Panny). But more frustrating was that when I bought my camera, my supplier HAD these same rebate batteries in stock. He even offered to sell me one. But instead of Panny telling dealers to send the battery and then replace it to the dealer, they did this silly "rebate and wait" system. If they would just send me $75, I would buy one from an alternate supplier and be happy again. But I know the day I order one, the rebate will finally show up and then I will have just wasted my money.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant