Problems with DVX100a - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 10th, 2005, 03:36 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi.
Thanks to all and no, I won't leave. I actually like being in a forum that mixes dedicated amateurs with those of us who make a living with this stuff. It brings a fresh dimension to our work. I don't mind humour, I'm just not a great fan of sarcasm among people who do not yet know one another well.
All this said, let's move on and get back to work! I'm in the middle of both editing and buying some more equipment so I have a heavy day ;-) Big shoot this week also. I'm filming Mary Robinson, ex-President of Ireland and High Commissioner for Human Rights. I'm also filming my wife's birthday ;-) What's funny, is that I'll probably have more equipment and crew for the Birthday. There, I did it. A feeble attempt at humour.
Cheers.
Cemil
Cemil Giray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemil Giray
I actually like being in a forum that mixes dedicated amateurs with those of us who make a living with this stuff.
Awesome, Cemil! How bout those of us who are dedicated amatuers who make a living with this stuff?!

I definately understand the whole deal about your wifes birthday. I sometimes get a kick out of the levels of production my own little family home movies have reached. I want to make sure that even something as simple as my son playing in the backyard is suitable for projection.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Hats off to the DVX. Just filmed Mary Robinson with three DVX's, showed it to a friend of mine who thought we had filmed it in our studios with our Varicams instead of on location with the DVX's. I'll post the footage in a few weeks when I get to editing that sequence but it just goes to show that this camera is worth its weight in gold. I do admit that I await the HVX with anticipation.
One quick note. I did have a hassle doing good white balance between the two 100A's and the old 100. Will have to tweak in post production.
Cemil Giray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Benjamin Robertson
Hey, All,
I just got my DVX100a in the mail, but there seems to be a problem with it. I bought it from B&H Photo. Is it normal to hear a sort of clanking inside of the camera? There is a sound like something is loose, but when the camera is powered on, the sound completely goes away. The camera seems to be fully operational, but I am just wondering if something became loose, which might result in future complications with the camera's functionality. Let me know if any of you experienced similar problems or questions with your DVX.

Thanks,
Paul

Dear Paul,

Just read this entire 2 page post and it was pretty wild. Not going there...

Just wanted to share a tidbit that I have learned during my tenure at this site. Your question was extremely legitimate but I would advise doing a SEARCH in the forums before posting a question. You will probably find an answer without subjecting yourself to the "jokers" who might reply to your post.

All the best,

Steph
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant