Panasonic DVX200 Q&A - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 25th, 2015, 01:35 AM   #31
Tourist

Re: Panasonic DVX200 Q&A

Hi Matthew

Good to hear some positive words about the DVX200 for once :-) Very nice to hear, that you have less noise issues after having updated the firmware. Others seems to have equal or more noise as before updating?

I guess your experiences shows, that the scenefiles are not yet useful and one have to record external in 422 VLog to get best results. At least untill there are some better scenefiles available?

I am going to try this camera for the second time tomorrow. I did like it the first time, but did not have time enough to record everything to take home and anaylize. And after I tried it, I read all the less positive posts about the noise- and coloursissues. I really wish this camera will be even better in the future with new firmware updates to fix issues and bring new options :-) I seems to be a very usefull camera for a lot of different kinds of jobs.
Morten Telling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #32
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew C. Abourezk View Post
Wondering if you have any suggestions for custom scene files with this camera?
They're coming. I posted a couple of "accurate" scene files, and I'm working on matching a GH4 so I'll have a set of GH4 lookalike scene files. I know that there are other people working on them too.

Quote:
I read a post from you that said you are working on a new book for the DVX200 that we will get for free (?)... any progress toward that end?
I have submitted a release candidate. I do not know when they will post it for download, but -- unless they object to something about it, it's ready to go.

Quote:
And finally, do you have the ear of Panasonic in terms of giving them feedback for firmware upgrades? Just curious.
I can definitely get suggestions to the right people. Cannot guarantee that they'll listen, and further cannot guarantee that even if they listen that they'll do something about it, but -- I can get it to them.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2016, 03:55 AM   #33
Inner Circle

How well does the card to card copying and the card to external HDD copying work? I know Sony has let everyone down in this department for doing this in-camera, how is Panasonic doing?
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant