DVX200- No Exposure Meter at all and no WFM while recording? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVX200- No Exposure Meter at all and no WFM while recording?

Ouch...

Someone please tell me I am missing something...

Seems to me that a Run-n-Gun camera should have an exposure meter and/or be able to use the waveform monitor while shooting...

Also seems to me that the Zebra is kludgy.... the Zebra on my PX 270 is apparent at all times when there is an overexposure... the 200 zebra seems to come and go.

Any thoughts?
Matt
Matthew C. Abourezk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: DVX200- No Exposure Meter at all and no WFM while recording?

My Panny FZ1000s have a variable setting for the Zebras so that it can be set for 100% or less depending on whether you want to know whether it is over exposing or getting close. I would think that you can adjust the sensitivity of the Zebras on the much higher spec DVX200 and it is probably set at the over exposed end so is only showing intermittently. The exposure meter on the FZ1000 can be on or off depending on display settings and camera mode, so should be a similar thing with yours. I can't imagine there is no meter at all.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Major Player

The WFM can be used when filming, you just lose the other info off the screen when it's turned on.

You also forgot to mention that it also has a histogram, not that I ever use it, but it's listed there.

Cheers,

Vaughan
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 04:33 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew C. Abourezk View Post
Seems to me that a Run-n-Gun camera should have an exposure meter and/or be able to use the waveform monitor while shooting...
There is no exposure meter (i.e., +/- 1 stop, etc) but there is a histogram. And, as Vaughn said, the waveform is usable while recording too.

Quote:
Also seems to me that the Zebra is kludgy.... the Zebra on my PX 270 is apparent at all times when there is an overexposure... the 200 zebra seems to come and go.
There's nothing "kludgy" about it, you just have the zebras set to "temporary" instead of "permanent". There's a menu item you can set that will tell the zebras to display all the time, or to disappear after five seconds. The factory default is, IIRC, for them to be temporary.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant