Panasonic UX90 & UX180 Q&A - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 24th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #76
Barry Wan Kenobi

Re: Panasonic UX90 & UX180 Q&A

Please try viewing it using the Adobe Acrobat Reader. I verified that the videos do work in that reader.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #77
Inner Circle

I now have the videos working.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 11:39 PM   #78
Major Player

Downloaded Reader. No luck here. I assume the video links are the topics in outlines/rectangles.
Anyway, the content is just as valuable with or without the videos.
Ken
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 06:30 AM   #79
Inner Circle

Some of the pictures are videos but not all.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #80
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Plotin View Post
Downloaded Reader. No luck here. I assume the video links are the topics in outlines/rectangles.
Anyway, the content is just as valuable with or without the videos.
Ken
There are words in rectangles, those are hyperlinks that will jump to that topic.

The videos are in pictures. Some of the still pictures are actually videos; I believe they all should have a little text box below them that say "click the picture above to see a video that describes this" or something along those lines. An example is the picture for the knee point and knee slope; that is actually an embedded video.

And please make sure you're using the 62-megabyte version of the book; the 11-megabyte version definitely doesn't have the videos.
Old March 25th, 2017, 12:06 PM   #81
Major Player

Got the videos working with Acrobat.

Ken
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #82
Barry Wan Kenobi

Superb! Glad this is all sorted out.
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #83
Major Player

What's the battery life for the UX90 Camera for the different batteries you have?

Also, how's the camera durability?

Coming from some older sonys and liking the price, 4k UHD, and Auto Focus Assist, which sony got rid of unfortunately.

Thanks!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #84
Inner Circle

Durability and battery life is typically of this class of camera. Battery about 2 hrs. It has focus assist but it can't be used while recording.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 05:26 AM   #85
Inner Circle

Barry, I got the UX180 for better light sensitivity, thanks you were spot on about it.

I had another question concerning both cameras (90/180). When I close down the iris too far the image goes black. I couldn't find anywhere in the menu to set a limit. If there isn't please pass on to Panasonic that this is something that should be fixed. I've never owned a camera that acted this way.

I was filming a theatrical performance last night with unusually bright scenes. And it happen couple of times. There is nothing worse than having the screen suddenly black out during a live shot. When you're using a remote with a small dial to control the iris it easy to turn it too far and trying to remember what's the maximum aperture before it blacks out, it's just terrible.
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:03 AM   #86
Trustee

I want to have fun with that last post, but I will be kind.

It is not a malfunction, you are just literally CLOSING the iris completely, ALL real cameras do this. Professional B4 broadcast lenses actually have the letter C on them to indicate CLOSED. You should not be operating the camera close to totally closed iris, that is what the neutral density filter switch is for. You want to keep the iris wide open to maybe f5.6 for the sharpest picture, if you iris down too much, the light will bend through the tiny iris opening in such a way as to cause lens diffraction.

Now learn how to use your new camera. :-)

https://fstoppers.com/studio/fstoppe...on-happen-6022

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:26 AM   #87
Regular Crew

Barry, I notice something strange. On my both UX180 after recording start I can't go to menu (button doesn't work and from quick menu it says invalid). Is this normal, bad setting or is a bug?
Antony Tsioukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #88
Inner Circle

No that's actually "normal" a lot of the newer cameras do that. Could be a by product of 4k cameras can't do two things at once . But it's very frustrating for live work where there's a setting that's that can only be accessed through the menu but you can't stop shooting to change it.
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:06 AM   #89
Regular Crew

I am shooting conferences on a tripod for 5-6 hours continuously. Of course I need to change settings while this time. I can't "imagine" always the perfect settings before the shooting because it's lights may change during the conference.

This is totally stupid, it's a simple menu and I don't think that the problem is 4K processing 1st because I shot on FHD and 2nd quick menu works, so how much cost in CPU needs a simple fk menu!!! AMAZING!!! They didn't say that on operation manual.

The funny is that I didn't buy Sony Z150 because 4K & output and menu button on top... this is worst... totally disappointed and they have to fix that. This is the 1st priority on usability.

Last edited by Antony Tsioukas; May 6th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.
Antony Tsioukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2017, 05:21 AM   #90
Inner Circle

It is possible to handle most exposure situations without going into the menu. You just have to adapt your mindset to the camera.

I've found its best to run in full manual and the setup auto menu to adjust only the setting you want like gain or iris. I prefer how most other cameras handle exposure. A physical button for gain/iris/shutter/white bal/focus. Press the corresponding button to toggle between auto and manual.

I really wish I could change exposure compensation and auto audio levels while shooting.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant