President Clinton at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

President Clinton

For whatever it's worth, we just did an interview with President Clinton with a DVX100A. We did it to match the rest of the documentary that was also shot on the DVX in Africa. Of note, we shot Alicia Keys and Laura Bush in the same film with the DVX. We've been using three DVX's setups with multicamera editing in FCP and could not be happier. We anxiously await the HVX!
Cemil Giray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 04:15 AM   #2
Major Player

That's cool. What other stuff did you use with your dvx? (mics, supports, etc)
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey, a fellow Canadian!
We used our usual 'travel' kit. A carbon fiber Manfrotto, a Gitzo head, some Sennheiser 500 wireless mics and a full complement of Lowel lighting. If you want to see the film, (it's 52 minutes!!), the link to the unmastered rough is http://mondofragilis.tv/40firstladies.
You're all welcome to see it and comment. Again, it's 52-minutes!! The whole thing was, however, filmed in DVX 25P -- except - blush, blush - 30 seconds when the present skipped back to F4 :((
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Oh Canada! I'd love to watch it, but the links on the site don't seem to be working.
Ryan Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Uhh, they are?? Just tried them again and both the Quicktime and the Windows Media Player version seem fine. Remember, they're huge files, so give it a little time to load. Hmm. Perplexed.
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hmm, I tried clicking on the link: http://www.mondofragilis.net/site/in..._version)/2221

Then this happens:click to see screen cap

http://tinypic.com/fkcva9.jpg

Maybe I just don't have the right version of QT. Is is possible to download the video file?
Ryan Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Ryan.
For the Quicktime file you need Quicktime 7 because it's encoded with H264. If you're on PC, there is a WMV file.
As far as downloading, it won't change anything. If you can't read the file through your browswer, you will likely not read it directly. Very bizarre. I do know that several dozen people have seen the film overnight so the links are working. I'm really sorry and disappointed. I hate not showing stuff to people who 'want' to see it. Very :((
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #8
Major Player

If you're going to be interviewing Presidents, you'd better have a few extra P2 cards laying around in case they go long. :-) Might not want to keep them waiting as you download your file to a laptop.

I love tape. I hate tape.

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Actually, this one went short. The First Ladies, on the other hand...
As for P2, we are patiently awaiting. Right now we shoot with a combo of DVX and Varicams. We're looking forward to the HVX to add those into the mix, though.
Cemil Giray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant