DVX100A from B&H Photo, any experience with them? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 09:34 PM   #16
Regular Crew

The only thing I can think of that would be considered a con is the fact that B&H is one of (if not the) biggest dealer in the U.S. and sometimes it's hard to talk to the same person twice. I prefer smaller operations just because they remember you and you can build a relationship w/ them. For that reason I tend to go to EVS. This all goes w/o saying I've never had a prob w/ B&H.
Tim Hyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Bought tons of stuff from B&H over the years - including my DVX. Did it online without even dealing with a live body.
Preston Herrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM   #18
Inner Circle

I never bought from B&H (1. Because I live in Belgium and I don't have a credit card 2. Didn't really need to buy big videogear stuff since my XL1s, so didn't need to) but I can tell you about their customer service, I just emailed them to ask them a question about cables, and I got a very detailed answer back.

I I'm ever in New York, B&H is the first place I'll visit!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:17 PM   #19
Major Player

I live in NYC and I make it a point to go there about once a month whether or not I need anything. Not only do they have everything in stock, but the people that work there are pretty knowledgable and honest. I've had on several occasions been directed to a far cheaper accessory that did a better job than what I asked for. If I buy something and it wasn't doing the job that I was hoping for, they took it back with no problem. I've had nothing but 100% satisfaction shopping there, besides their strict holiday schedule.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Even down here in Central America, there are a surprising number of people who bypass Miami, making the treck to New York for a first hand B & H Experience.

That includes me.

The service and pricing are worth it. Even when I have to make a purchase long distance via the internet.

You can deal with B & H with confidence.
Old January 5th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #21
New Boot

Abel Cinetech (also in NY) offers a more personal hands-on experience and has competitive prices to B&H. But if you want fast access to tons of technology from cameras to audio to lighting to photo stuff, B&H is the best 1-stop place. I live in NYC and I still call ahead - never can keep track of all those holidays. :-)

http://abelcine.com/
Brian Wengrofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #22
Major Player

I got my dvc30 from them but then ended up selling that for a dvx
Evan C. King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant