Avoid this Bait & Switch Seller at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 4th, 2003, 08:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVX-100 Cheap as hell!

Maybe some of you know that I am planing to buy this camera.
Here in Europe it will cost about 5000€ little bit more then 5000$.
Now I wound I place where to get it under 3000$

http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?pid=psagdvx100

Is it just I joke?? Dont understand panasonic.
Anyway,if panasonic really makes it so expenisve in Europe I think I will go for canon or sony.
Chung Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Heads up

http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?pid=psagdvx100

These guys are NOTORIOUS for being a bait and switch operation. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM is all I've heard.

Good luck
Old January 4th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Chris Bell

I would be very careful ordering from this place. There are many online electronic retailers who are happy to take your money and never deliver the product. Check out www.dealtime.com and look at the reviews of some of these discounters. While no one likes to pay too much, sometimes a great deal is too good to be true.

Buyer beware!

Chris Bell, DP
www.spotshooter.com
Old January 4th, 2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Chunglee,
One of the sponsors of this forum, Zotz, has about the best price for the DVX100. Not only is the price very competitive, but it comes with an excellent reputation and customer service.... something the majority of "dot com" and "bait-and-switch" places do not have!

If you are in Eurpose, then purchasing from the U.S. may involve duty and additional shipping expenses, but that is even more reason to stay away from these "low ball" bait-and-switch places.

IMO don't get caught up in dubious practice of trying to find the lowest price on the web. Such practice has a way of catching up with you and ends up costing you more.

Good luck, Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2003, 09:40 AM   #5
Space Hipster

I just got my AG-DVX1000 from Zotz. Great price & service.
Old January 4th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #6
ppbvideo

Zotz

I also took delivery of my DVX last week from Zotz. Their price is competitive or lower than the other reputable dealers such as B&H and their service is outstanding.

-ppb
Old January 4th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #7
New Boot

Just recieved my DVX-100 from a production company that had it up on eBay for only $3200.00! They sold it at that price brand new and without use (via Buy-It-Now).

Best deal I've seen anywhere. Of course I may not get the service of Zotz, but I'm accustomed to taking good care of my equipment.
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:38 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Sorry, $3000 is too much for me to trust to eBay, I've being talking to Brian via email. He's nice, friendly, good customer service and it seems that Zotz will be the shop I buy from too. It's a mega-good deal. Best I've seen. And by the way, for those that don't know, don't buy from Broadway Photo either.

-Vinson
Vinson Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant