DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Need help for a formal complain against a panasonic reseller (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/59008-need-help-formal-complain-against-panasonic-reseller.html)

Agus Casse January 24th, 2006 10:26 AM

Need help for a formal complain against a panasonic reseller

Hello friends,

I recently bought a DVC60, here in guatemala in the official Panasonic reseller, and service provider, (called INRESA). Of course the price tag was amazing much higher than the USA, i bought the camera at $ 2750, because i already ahve a DVC80 and this guy wont give it any service, cause i didnt bought it to him, which i was really angry cause he have all posters that says that he is the official panasonic service provider in all central america.

After i was forced to buy the camera from him, so i can have my both cams covered with support, i have a few problems, and he overcharged me twice, for a simple repairs (DVC80, got caught in the rain, and he change a fuse that cost $6 and the manwork charged me at $300)

Now because of a static problem the digital port of the firewire got toasted in both cameras, he again intented to charge a lot of money, like $250 for each camera, just to change a board of the Firewire.

Now how do i exactly can put a former complain that WILL have effect, cause i tried to write to panasonic and i got ignored.

I cant believe taht this guy is making tons and tons of money from users like me, that dont have any more option that get down on my knees and pray for a discount.

My machine is still in Warranty, in pieces and Hand work, but this guy charges whatever he thinks is right. and believe me, i paid way to high this camera to now have to tolarate this kind of treatment.

Agus Casse January 26th, 2006 12:32 PM

no one reply ??

No one around know anyone working in panasonic, or how this matters could be handle ?

John DuMontelle January 26th, 2006 03:03 PM

I feel for you brother

I've had similar problems in our part of the world and, sadly, there is only one real solution.

Don't buy gear from people or companies down here.

Panama is the closest place I might consider going...but Miami is just as close for you or me!

All of a sudden the price of a plane ticket to Miami isn't looking too bad is it?

I say that with respect. I've been burned by people who claimed to be dealers or "experienced" then ended up with gear I'd bought in good faith, now nothing but garbage.

I have yet to find any reliable dealer in Central America to trust. Not one, but I've only been in this part of the world for about ten years.

Now when I need to buy something or to get quality repair work done, I go to Miami since it's the cheapest ticket to a first world repair location.

Does Delta fly to Guate now? They just started a direct flight to Managua a couple of months ago and the price is about the same as Miami so Atlanta's another location to check out for a quality repair location.

Panasonic is not known for their service and repair. It's one reason Sony is so popular here. They can service what they sell and have replacement parts on hand. The Reuters Bureau here in Managua went Mini DV and bought both Sony and Panasonic desktop players. Within a month, the Panasonic player went down and even when they took it to Miami, there were no spare parts available yet...but they were selling new machines as fast as they could make them. Sony tends to be more long term in their thinking.

I don't want to write bad things about people or places here but...I'm aware of the company you are having problems with. They make a lot of promises and people, who are trying to be careful with their money, go to them. Everyone I know that has done that, ended up in your situation.

I wish I could offer you a more positive solution. There always comes a time when we learn it's better to cut our losses and move on. Buy something new and don't go back to places or people who have disappointed you in the past and cost you hard earned money.

Buena suerte en el futuro!

Agus Casse January 26th, 2006 03:18 PM

Gracias, maestro,

seens like, this is a huge problem in our area, now we need to find a solution to this.

Thanks for your reply.

John DuMontelle January 26th, 2006 03:41 PM

A possible suggestion for the future

Hi Agus,

For what it is worth...there are a couple of companies like this in Miami but the one many of us here in Nicaragua deal with is a place called Videoscope.

They specialize in dealing with those of us "south" and offer very good prices for all kinds of equipment.

http://www.videoscopeusa.com/

Videoscope Incorporated
2234 NE 2 Avenue Miami, FL 33137
Telephone 305-438-3742
Fax: 305-438-3743

We don't pay sales tax since we are taking the equipment out of the US and they do have a basic service department which isn't too bad. If they encounter a problem which they can not fix, they know others nearby who can.

I've always felt their prices were very fair...but don't be shy about negotiating with them.

All of their people speak Spanish and English and are very helpful.

I deal a lot with Cesar Hurtado.
cesar@videoscopeusa.com

It might be worth a call to see if they have some suggestions to help you out of your current situation.

Lots of folks set their orders up by phone or e-mail before going to Miami. It cuts down on your time and expenses staying there while you shop or wait for repairs. In one day, back home the next.

If nothing else, they can give you a more definitive answer about how grave your situation is.

They are sometimes rather slow answering e-mails because they do stay busy... which is why I prefer calling...but do what best fits your budget.

If you ever find yourself in Managua. Don't be shy about giving me a call! ;)