DVXuser battery - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #16
DVX User

im not knocking any of the other batteries... im sure they work great for most people. alot of people dont have problems buying remanufactured electronics either.. it works and if its cheap then thats all that matters to some. Some people put regular unleaded in their sports cars as well.. and some people use $2 DV tapes in their cameras. its an individual choice.

Sure i make my $10 a battery profit and i could of just bought the "cheaper" cells instead and tried to get rich, but to me spending a little more for something better quality is worth it..specially on a $4000 camera. If it was for my $300 camcorder im sure i would go with the $25 batteries as well.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Jarred,

I would agree with you you 100% if it were true.

What I am saying is that many of these less expensive batteries are not of less quality. You seem to have fallen into the myth that the OEM's have pushed on all of us.

Didn't mean to offend, just my opinions and experience. Probably enough said on this subject on my part.

Cheers!
Monte Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #18
DVX User

monte.. there is a difference trust me, I know its skeptical to trust me since im selling the things, but I have direct contact with the manufactures and there is a difference in cell chemistry, tooling, daughterboard construction etc, using gold contacts instead of nickel etc... This is not the case of a OEM just buying the same cells and charging more for the same product as a no name.

but like i said, whatever works for you is the best solution... if your happy with the cheaper batteries its all that matters, its really just a matter of personal choice. I agree, we could probally discuss this all night and day but its not really worth it.. the bottom line is people have a choice and thats always a good thing.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred Land
there is a difference trust me, I know its skeptical to trust me since im selling the things
Jarred: You're right. If I personally knew you maybe I wouldn't be skeptical regarding your claims about the superiority of the batteries that you sell...but I don't know you so....

Can you substantiate your claim? Can you direct us to an unbiased review of the oem batteries compared with the less expensive alternatives that shows the less expensive ones to be inferior?

Best,

Jon
Jonathan Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #20
Major Player

Batteries are fine, but be aware that delivery time can vary depending on Mr Lands other commitments. If you need them on a deadline I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Kevin James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 01:43 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James
Batteries are fine, but be aware that delivery time can vary depending on Mr Lands other commitments. If you need them on a deadline I would recommend looking elsewhere.
I just shoot Jarred a PM before I order and ask if it's a good time. He'll tell you if he's held up or ready to rock. And just so nobody gets the wrong idea, his order site plainly says that he's not a full time battery salesman and that delays could occur depending on what's going on at the time. Also worthy of note is that for the longest time he sold them to us at HIS COST just to help the community! Pretty cool if you ask me. I've got 5 of em and wouldnt want to be at a wedding without em!
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant