panny's new shoulder-mount camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 31st, 2003, 09:11 PM   #1
New Boot

panny's new shoulder-mount camera

i read this article on the dv.com website about this new camera.
next month panasonic will release a new shoulder-mount mini-dv camcorder on to the market. to read this article go to the website at www.dv.com and then scroll down until you see the heading
news. there click onto the link "panasonic debuts new shoulder-mount camera" to go to the article. if you have never been to this site then you will have to register first. i'll try and find more info.

john,
John Beighle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:32 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

It's basically a one-CCD version of their AG-DVC15. A swing and a miss, in my opinion.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2003, 04:36 AM   #3
Outer Circle

I agree with Chris. There's one regular poster on the MX forum who looked at the PAL version of this cam. He was not impressed. The DVC15 would be the better choice. It has 3 CCDs and XLR inputs. I'm not sure if this model has the XLRs.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2003, 03:41 PM   #4
CUT Productions

This camera has basically been around in Pal land for ages. It has since been dropped from their webpage after the appearance of the Pal version of the DVX100. It is a 3 chipper but they are 1/4" and of low pixel count.

However it is the only other prosumer camera, other than the XL1s, that has the more professional form factor. Although this camera clearly is not the solution it would have been nice for a few more manufacturer's to make shoulder mount cameras in this range, rather than the PD150 palmcorder form - it is above all the one thing that puts me off the DVX100 - absurd as it may be I simply cannot turn up to a clients shoot with a camera of that size - progressive scan and good resolution notwithstanding.

Regards.
Old February 1st, 2003, 05:40 PM   #5
Major Player

Maybe if you showed up using this?

http://www.cavision.com/for_panasonic_dv-100.htm

The one in the bottom right hand corner.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2003, 09:05 PM   #6
New Boot

hey christopher thanks for the cool info. looks like christmas came a little late for us because i want these new toys now! by the way do you know the price for these items and if they are now on sale or will come out very soon.

john,
John Beighle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2003, 08:18 AM   #7
Major Player

Hey John, I can't take credit for the matte box link, it has been the subject of much desire here in the DVInfo forums (search for Cavision using the search function).

That particular setup, including the bellows style mattebox with one rotating filter tray and one fixed, french flag, rods system, and dual handgrips will cost close to $800 US before shipping and customs fees (Cavision is located in Canada). You can opt against the handgrips of course and cut some costs. They also have a bellows style 16:9 version coming out soon that will up the price another $200 I believe.

I urge you to contact Cavision if you're interested however since they strive for the best matte box fit for your camera and as a result may have changed adapter rings since I last shopped from them. They were great to do business with and I'm happy with mine. Email them for a price list.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 09:41 AM   #8
CUT Productions

Cristopher,

Yes - I have seriously been considering the Pal DVX100 and this was along the lines I was thinking, also perhaps the PAg battery option.

I can tell you one thing, if Panasonic really release the mysterious 16:9 adaptor and it is a full zoom through, then appearance or not the package will become almost irresistable! (unless that is the XL2 is a prompt and significant response).

Regards.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 11:08 AM   #9
Major Player

I agree completely, especially on the 16:9 point. The mattebox adds considerable weight to the camcorder figuratively and literally.

The XL2 may come around "later this year" if Scott Billups from Pixelmonger is to be believed (for those who haven't seen the latest rumor):

http://www.pixelmonger.com/hg_cam.html

(Scroll down to the AG-DVX100 entry where the XL2 is briefly mentioned).
Christopher Go is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant