DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Camera bag for DVX100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/6652-camera-bag-dvx100.html)

Curtis T. Stoeber February 5th, 2003 03:55 PM

Camera bag for DVX100

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a suitable camera bag for this camera. It can't be disassembled like the XL1 so the bag actually needs to be bigger. Can anyone recommend a good bag (preferably with room to store tapes and other accessories) and also a good place to get it? Thanks in advance.

Jaime Valles February 5th, 2003 04:18 PM

This past weekend I saw a new KATA case for the DVX100 on display at the NY DV show. It's a soft case that looks very cool! I'm not sure where to get it, though.

Christopher Go February 5th, 2003 05:05 PM

This is the bag I'd like to get:

http://www.portabrace.com/Details/CS...s-dvdetail.htm

The CS-DV4M accomdates one AG-DVX100 and matte box. If you don't need the extra room for a matte box, perhaps the CS-DV4 will suit you better.

Steve Nunez February 5th, 2003 05:55 PM

Kata CCS-100

I just bought the Pan and B&H had a promotional offer where you'd get a Kata CCS-100 bag with an embroidered Panasonic DV/Cinema Logo on the side for $50...don't know what it should have normally sold for (prob over $140 or so) but it fits the DVX perfectly.....I also don't know of the purchase of the DVX is necessary to get that price- call and ask.

Bill Sepaniak February 5th, 2003 07:42 PM

I just got a "Petrol" bag from AbelCine Tech. It has hard (reinforced) sides and bottom. The good thing is that the bag will fit the camera with the Chrosziel 4 x 4 Matte Box attached. I have PortaBrace bags for my Beta rig, field monitor, and mixer ... and this Petrol bag seems every bit as good (so far .... but time will ultimately tell.)

Aric Spence February 5th, 2003 11:19 PM

Link to my Pelican Case w/pictures

Below is a link to the Pelican 1520 hard case with 1527 soft case insert that I purchased for my DVX100. The pictures I took are a little rough, but you will get the idea.

What fits in it?
1-DVX100 Camera
3- Batteries
10-MiniDV Tapes
1-DVX100 Charger and cords
1-SGM 2X Azden Mic in factory box.
1-30' Mic cable
1-1.5' Mic cable
3-72mm Filters

The above inventory produces a full bag, but it will still fit inside the hard case just fine. It took a little while to find the right configuration, but the end result is nice.

Link: http://www.spencedesign.com/DVX100/pelicanCase.htm

Note: The case needs something ridgid in the lower compartment to give the camera a nice base to rest. I used the mic box, but a mic case would be even better. I am sure there is a better way to arrage this case, but the one pictured works well for me.

I hope this is helpful.

Curtis T. Stoeber February 6th, 2003 12:43 AM

Thanks for all of the info. I have a couple of options now thanks to everybody here!

Christopher Go February 6th, 2003 03:24 AM

Let us know what you end up with. Always good to hear from fellow users. The CS-DV4M I mentioned earlier isn't on the B&H website yet, perhaps they have yet to add it.

James Early February 14th, 2003 07:00 PM

Camera Bag

The day after I bought my bought my DVX I was in Home Depot shopping for parts to make a shoulder rig when I spotted a tool bag made by a company called CLC. It was about $44.00 and fit the camera perfect (I don't have a matte box). Best of all it has a reinforced frame covered in heave canvas, like Porta Braces. It also has a grip of pockets, both inside and out. I bought this one and a bigger bag by the same company for a production bag. I paid about $110.00 for both. My brother in law is a general contractor and uses these bags on all his construction sites. I figured if they can stand up to the rigors of that enviroment anything I could do to them would be a joke.

Steve Nunez February 14th, 2003 07:48 PM

I had a similar Home Depot bag for my XL1S- it is indeed tough.....it should work perfectly.

Matt Milan February 20th, 2003 11:40 PM

Thanks, James.

I shall be stopping by Home Depot tomorrow to see if I can find what you're talking about. I've been needing a good case quite badly lately. The Porta Brace looks awsome but I'm not all that willing to spend +$200 on a small bag alone.

Andrew Glassner February 22nd, 2003 03:03 PM

Like Steve, I bought my DVX100 with the Kata soft bag from B&H. The tag that came with the bag identifies it as "catalog number VA-102-P", and it says it's a "Panasonic CCS-100 for AG-DVX100".

The bag is very nice, with two velcro-adjustable internal dividers to hug the camera. There's also a small inner side pocket. There's not a lot of room left over, but I was able to fit in the power adapter and a couple of tapes. The top closes with two parallel zippers that you can open together by grabbing the cord that joins them.

The bag feels safe and secure, and I feel confident carrying my camera in it. Because it's a soft bag, you have to make sure it doesn't bang into anything too hard (you can't just throw it into the backseat, for example) but for careful traveling it seems like a well-built, solid bag.

-Andrew

Christopher Go February 23rd, 2003 07:52 PM

Can anyone recommend a bag that can accomodate one AG-DVX100 camcorder and a Cavision matte box? I want to keep the matte box on the camcorder so it has to be large enough to hold both pieces assembled together like in this picture with the 4x4" matte box:

http://www.cavision.com/for_panasonic_dv-100.htm

Rods won't be on however. I was looking at the Portabrace solution but anyone know of others?

donking! February 25th, 2003 10:35 PM

I've managed to squeeze the DVX100 into a Portabrace CS-DV2. It just barely fits and there's not much room for anything other than a few tapes, a couple batteries, the charger and the DC connector. But I like this setup, because if I have a lot more stuff I need, I know I'm going to be taking a backpack too, but if I want to go light and small I can.

One proviso (recently discovered) with the external mic holder mounted on the camera, it doesn't really fit in the CS-DV2.