Does your camera make these noises? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 6th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #1
Tim Peerson

Does your camera make these noises?

I just got my AG-DVX100 today, and as I took it out of the box I heard a noise like something "flapping" inside. You can hear it if you tip the camera forward & backwards. The noise goes away when it's powered up. Is this normal? There is also a rattling noise from the viewfinder assembly, like something indise wasn't screwed together all of the way. Anyone else with these noises?
Old February 6th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The sliding sound when the camera is tipped with the power off is just the zoom lens assembly moving around on its rails. Perfectly normal and all DVX100's do this. I can't speak for the EVF, maybe someone else can...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #3
Tim Peerson

Thank you Chris.
Old February 6th, 2003, 08:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Mine does not have a viewfinder rattle. ON or OFF.
Is the diopter loose?
Old February 12th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Mine has the viewfinder rattle. Does anyone know what this is? Should I worry about it or send it back to be fixed?
Tao-ming Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2003, 11:18 AM   #6
Tim Peerson

If you remove the eyecup mounting ring (it is supposed to twist off for cleaning, but mine was VERY dificult to loosen) you'll see that it's the lens rattling in the "guide tube" which it moves up and down in when focusing the viewfinder. I was told by my dealer to take it in for repair, but I just got the camera last week after waiting nearly two months for it! I may just wedge a little piece of something in there to keep it still as I won't be adjusting the focus for anyone else. Still, I'd like it to not do this in the first place! Panasonic repair is within an hour away from me. Maybe I'll call to find out what's involved in the repair, and if I can get it taken care of while I wait.

Tim P.
Old February 12th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Does this actually effect the performance of the viewfinder? I don't mind the rattle itself as long as it's not something that would interfere with the operation of the camera.
Tao-ming Lin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant