Student Film on DVX-100a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Student Film on DVX-100a

Hi you all, here is a little project I shot a few months ago. I used the DVX-100a with no lights at all and it turned out alright I think. I might re-shoot this but with lights this time and in a bigger space. Whats your opinion? Oh and by the way, this compression is really awful, the dvd I exported looks a lot better then this. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GgGiEBZA6s
Jack McTigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thought the camera work was fairly well dont. Some of the shots were really well framed.

Outside of that, I didn't get the feeling that their was much tension at all between the Librarian and the guy, maybe that was your point, that she was over reacting. I didn't feel like their was a logical beginning or end, so I could never really pulled anything from the film, didn't touch me or entertain me.

A reshoot with lights would help, but that wasn't as much an issue with it.

Best of Luck.
Paul Reichelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Yeah, I agree. I really should seriously try and storyboard it next time. I think that would have helped me visualize while shooting. I am deffinately going to reshoot some of it this summer and hopefully dedicate some more time to it.
Jack McTigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Major Player

Jack,

I checked it out. I also liked the camera work in general. However, it seemed like the same shots over and over again. It's a challenge to draw out consistently unique angles of a seemingly boring place like a library, but it can be done. Overall, it could have been just a minute long and probaly have been more effective. Four minutes was a long time for not much of a payoff. Shorter, tighter, is almost always better, even when you are trying to draw out suspense.

Josh
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant