dropping frames at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

dropping frames

Quick question. I own a DVX 100 camera which has been working perfectly for the last two years. However lately when I try firewire my footage over to my G5 into FCP 5 it keeps dropping frames. I thought the problem was that heads need cleaning, so I cleaned them but it still doesn’t work. This has never happened before. Anyone know what the problem is?? Cheers!
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Dropped frames are almost always a computer problem. I have found several useful things to try. For me, I always run a free program called "EndItAll" before capturing video from any camera. This program turns off all unnecessary background programs which are running on your PC and makes it less likely that your processor will be busy while you are trying to capture video. I use the Sony Vegas editting program, so I turn on the computer, run "EndItAll", then open Vegas and capture the video. Also, make sure that "Scheduled Tasks" on your computer are disabled, so the processor won't suddenly go off and do something else. Finally, in Vegas, making the video monitor window smaller will greatly reduce the amount of processor resources that are being used. I watch the video on the camera LCD and make capture decisions from that with only a small monitor window on the computer screen. You can find "EndItAll" by Googling that name. Hope this is helpful.
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Cheers Mark. im using a mac but ill try it out.
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #4
Major Player

maybe your firewire cable went bad?? your hard driive may be fragmented. did you try to repair the disk permissions or run de-frag software???
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant