DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   New DVX100B rebate package (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/68677-new-dvx100b-rebate-package.html)

Barry Green June 1st, 2006 03:57 PM

New DVX100B rebate package

Jan said that starting today, the DVX100B rebate package is a little different. The rebate didn't expire, it changed. Instead of a $400 rebate, they're offering a $350 rebate, plus Magic Bullet, plus The DVX Book/DVD. But they're also now throwing in a copy of Red Giant software's InstantHD.

Peter Jefferson June 1st, 2006 04:43 PM

and with that, our existing investments continue to dwindle in their value..

funny how Sonys stuff has held up over time but Panas just keeps on getting cheaper and cheaper..
God i can imagine how much a HVX will cost in 18months..its already down to 9100 street price....

Bob Zimmerman June 2nd, 2006 03:38 AM

standard def, 4:3.

Peter Jefferson June 3rd, 2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
standard def, 4:3.

excuse my bluntness, but in all honesty, what i see here, as somone who sells this stuff and trains the buyers on using it, it seems that its more of a competitive things...
I'll explain..

about 2 to 3 years before the DVX was even a concept, sony released the VX2000 and the PD150. Now by the time the DVX was release, the PD had already taken a stranglehold on the event videography market, and by then its prices were still relatively high.
Out comes the DVX, and it was forced at a price rate which was marginally higher than its Sony competition. here in aus, teh price difference was between 2500 and 3000. For the market HERE, thats alot of money. So in turn, for Pana to penetrate the market, they lower the price of a 1 yr old camera to compete with a 4 year old camera, which has already had afew price drops over time, and continues to drop in price BECAUSE IT CAN.
So Pana continue to drop their prices over teh years to bring it down to PD150 level, but sony do the same.. bring the 150/170 even lower. But STILL we see a now 4 year old camera <dvx> competing with a camera which is now over 6 years old

And those buying these cameras are left wondering what theyre going to do with the investment as the second hand units are worth less than 1/3 of what they paid.. in fact, SH units are now about 1/3 of teh CURRENT market value, which now is about 4thousand dollars less than what they had paid in the first place..

This is what im getting at..

as for formats, SD is still a viable format and will be until almost every TV released has a HD tuner in it, SD will STILL be a viable source as long as the DVD distributors continue to use SD for delivery.
16:9 on the DVX is actually quite good for an electronic means of acquistion, when you consider the PAL model running in 16:9 is slightly lower in resolution (by slighty, i refer to 37pixels) than a unstretched 4:3 NTSC picture.

The camera is good, and it is still a viable tool, even for "todays" standards.