AG-DVC80 various topics - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #256
Regular Crew

Also, is there a way to tell what the color temperature of the bulbs that are in my lights now are? I don't evne have the box or anything that came with the lights a long time ago when I bought them..
Mike Costantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #257
Major Player

Thanks!

Adobe After Effects is a compositing software that can be used in a variety of ways, from color-correction to animation.

As for what temp your current lights are, I don't know of any offhand way to check that - I doubt it's mentioned on the box. If they were just the stock bulbs that come with halogen lamps, my guess is that the temps might vary from bulb to bulb, since they are not specifically being manufactured for photographic purposes. But someone in the lighting forum might know a better answer.
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #258
Regular Crew

DVC80 shooting advice for video for web

Hi, I'm going to be shooting some video that will be viewed only on the web (no televisions) on my DVC80. Can anyone give me any recommendations for shooting as well as editing (I use Vegas) and have On2 Flix Pro (for creating FLV) so that I end up with very high quality video for web?

For example, I know that video on a CRT computer screen is always a lot darker than on a TV, so is there some way to have good bright video on the CRT computer screen, is there a higher black level for video on the computer?

I guess you can see what I'm trying to determine?
Mike Costantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #259
Major Player

Glad to see you're still enjoying the DVC80.

Your best bet is to review the Video for Web section: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=37

There's nothing particularly unique about the DVC80 w/r/t shooting for the web. Search the above forum and you'll find that pretty much anybody's experience with any typical prosumer SD camera will be about the same.
Old November 4th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #260
Regular Crew

Head Count of DVC80 Owners!!

just wanted to see how popular this camera is. i got one and love it so.
did not really need the 24p so i got a real good camera for less.
just let me know how you feel about this great camera
Nate Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #261
Major Player

I have one that I bought from another member a few years ago. I also really like this camera. I don't really care for 24p, but I am starting to want native 16x9.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #262
Major Player

I've had a DVC80 for a couple of years now and I'm still happy with it. Admittedly, had I had the extra money to afford the DVX100 (and the foresight to realize how popular it would be), I may have considered it, but for my purposes at the time, 60i was all I needed.

I also know that the University of Georgia's Broadcast Journalism department bought up a few of these a few years back, as well.

And, as I always do in these forums, here's a link to some of my work, shot with the DVC80: http://karatemedia.com/video/ -- not the greatest stuff in the world, but I think it shows that the DVC80 produces footage comparible to similar 60i cams, like the PD150.
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #263
Major Player

Hey Nate,
I also have a dvc80. I really like this cam a lot. I love the ability to have program settings. I can have two white balance settings one for outside and one for indoors. Once I finish a Ceremony and we head out of the church I only have to flick the switch to the next WB setting I programed earlier and I'm ready to go. I don't have to set the WB as they are greeting people. I also really love the audio dials on the side! I don't have to go through the menus to lower or increase the levels. Only thing which would be so sweat is if it had native 16X9. Since it doesn't my next cam is the XHA1, it has similar controls to dvc80 (being more on cam than in menu). The dvc80 is a sweet cam, use it a whole lot more than my PD150.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #264
New Boot

I have 2

I liked the DVC80 so much I bought a second one as a 2nd camera/backup. I did a lot of research before buying the first one an keyed in on the 80 as if fit my needs perfectly and then discovered they had been discontinued. I lucked into my first one on e-bay and bought my second one through this site. If anyone's in the market some guy has a pair on e-bay for sale.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:07 AM   #265
Regular Crew

good camera

I have DVC80, too. Reliable camera, great image, very durable.

At the time I bought the camera i didn't need progressive, but today I wish I had progressive shooting capability.

The money I saved by buying the DVC80 allowed me to get a decent Miller tripod and a Panasonic carrying case for the DVC80 and accessories.
Old December 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #266
New Boot

I have one and it's been a great camera for me. Starting to get the itch for something new though.
Michael Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM   #267
Major Player

me too

I've been an AG-DVC80 owner since December 2003. I've had the Panasonic 16:9 adapter for about a year, and the camera meets my clients' needs just fine. I find it funny how all the gadget guys approach me at events and ask if it shoots hi-def.

If not for its large size and bulky case, the DVC80 would be an awesome camcorder for personal use. Even my technically-challenged wife can press the AUTO button and shoot with pretty good results, as its weight helps her get steadier shots than with our little GS120. However, because of its compactness, the GS120 sees all the action unless lighting is tricky (such as a dance recital). I also mount my GS120 to the roof of my Jeep for taping offroad excursions. I take a lot more risks with the "toy" camcorder. A Zip-Lock bag and rubber band go a long way in protecting it from dust, sand, and rain.

T.J.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #268
Regular Crew

I've Got One- DVC 80

Awesome Camera. Great quality images and very reliable. I have shot quite a few money making events with it and it has never let me down. What other 1/3 chip camera can you compare it too? I really like the wide angle lens...good Leica glass. I also like all of the controls at your finger tips, XLR on camera inputs etc. Fortunately I purchased this camera just a month before Panasonic discontinued it.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #269
Regular Crew

White Balance

I think John he quite right. The lighting may be the biggest reason there is such a washed out look. Check out Walter Graff on the web. He has good lighting video's and tips.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #270
Regular Crew

eh, I gave up on trying to make it look pretty via the lighting and just increase the saturation in Vegas, then I can make it look just the way I want...
Mike Costantini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant