DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   AG-DVC80 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/6932-ag-dvc80-various-topics.html)

Steve Mullen February 15th, 2003 02:54 AM

AG-DVC80 various topics

For introduction at NAB 2003, Panasonic unveiled the AG-DVC80, a new 3-CCD DV Proline camcorder featuring precision wide-angle Leica Dicomar lens.

Offering the same body style and many of the same innovative features as its immensely-popular AG-DVX100 24p/30p/60i camcorder, the new AG-DVC80 DV Proline series 3-CCD camcorder is focused on 480i/60 (NTSC) applications. The ultra-compact 4.2-pound unit is equipped with 1/3" 410,000-pixel 3-CCD imagers that deliver more than 500 lines of horizontal resolution (a 25% picture quality improvement over analog VHS), low smear and flare, and low light performance of 3 lux (at +18dB).

The unit is equipped with a precision f1.6 wide-angle zoom lens (4.5mm to 45m) allowing a shooter to be extremely close to the action without the added weight, expense, inconvenience and distortion of an add-on adapter.

Manual controls include Servo/Manual Zoom (with stops and barrel markings) Its advanced optical image stabilization delivers superb picture quality and minimizes jitter, so hand-held shots and video taken from moving vehicles appear smooth and steady.

Its two, easy-to-view displays -- a large, centrally-located pivoting electronic viewfinder for left or right eye use, and a flip-out, 270-degree, 3.5" LCD panel -- makes shooting with the AG-DVC80 simple from overhead or from low angles. Superimposed audio metering is available on both the flip out LCD panel and viewfinder.

The AG-DVC80 offers a comprehensive list of standard performance features including six scene files and two user-assignable functions; S-Video, video and stereo audio inputs and outputs; pre-cleaning heads and auto head cleaning to maximize reliability.

The well-balanced camcorder can capture pictures in the conventional 4:3 aspect ratio and 16:9 aspect ratio letterbox modes. The unit offers16-bit/48kHz digital audio with two-channel, built-in XLR inputs; phantom power supply (48V); manual audio volume controls (ch1/ch2 independent), and Line/Mic switchability.

The camcorder's standard accessories include 1.6Ah battery, AC adapter/charger, microphone holder, remote control, shoulder strap, lens cap, cleaning tape and instruction manual.

The AG-DVC80 will be available in June at a suggested list price of $3,295.

Chris Hurd February 15th, 2003 06:21 PM

Fascinating development. Thanks, Steve!

Frank Granovski February 17th, 2003 11:50 PM

That should be interesting. I wonder if it'll have a decent widescreen.

Steve Mullen February 18th, 2003 11:17 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : That should be interesting. I wonder if it'll have a decent widescreen. -->>>

Same as DVX100.

Frank Granovski February 20th, 2003 12:57 AM

There's a single chip HD Sony coming out? Things are starting to move along....

Lorenzo DiStefano May 11th, 2003 10:58 PM

dvc80

hi Steve; any of these cameras available yet?

where can i get one in Canada?

thanks a bunch.

ps. if you don't mind, cc me at :
lorenzodistefano@hotmail.com

Frank Granovski May 12th, 2003 01:52 AM

Not 'til June.

Nick Kerpchar May 22nd, 2003 07:13 PM

DVC80, Myth or Reality?

What ever happened to the DVC80? Back in April, Chris wrote:

"[Quote from Steve] << The DVX100 lets me live in a 24fps world without lots of pre and post production fussing. More time for the fun, creative stuff, less time trying to make stuff 24fps progressive. >>

Well, I would have to call that the bottom line right there, and an excellent way to sum up your decision to choose the DVX100.

As for myself, someone who doesn't need 24p, I've been giving serious thought to the DVC80. But that's for another thread.

Well, this is "The Thread". What about it folks, has anyone used this cam? Comments? Opinions? Que passo?

Nick

Kevin Boucher May 22nd, 2003 08:04 PM

Fear not, Nick :) here ya go

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat..._ag-dvc80.html

Nick Kerpchar May 23rd, 2003 04:01 PM

Thanks Kevin, but I was wondering if anyone has actually used one of these new puppies.

Nick

Frank Granovski May 23rd, 2003 04:15 PM

Anyway, they're not yet available here.

Glenn Moore III June 25th, 2003 01:29 PM

DVX100 vs DVC80

I go hybernate for a few months and a whole new camcorder shows up...
I know nothing of this DVC80. I first thought it was the PAL version of the DVX100, but after a cursory web search, found that it seems to be a more robust version for ENG field-work.
At any rate, what are the differences between the DVX100 and DVC80?

-Glenn III

Stephen van Vuuren June 25th, 2003 01:39 PM

Read here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10411

Glenn Moore III June 25th, 2003 03:13 PM

Now I know

Ok; so basically, it's the DVX w/o my two favorite featrues:)
Thanks Stephen.

Stephen van Vuuren June 25th, 2003 03:42 PM

egg-zactly! :)