Audio Noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #1
Tourist

Audio Noise

Hey Guys,

I am shooting my first feature on the dvx 100b and using the audio-technica at35b shot gun. Indoor audio sounds great, however, my outdoor has major wind noise even with a wind muff. I am also using adobe pre pro for edit. Any suggestions to correct this problem. Thanks
Joe Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Experiment with some of the filters in PPro. Even if your actors have a bassy voice, you can get a lot of that out.

Also, get the mic closer, even do mostly closeups on dialogue to get the mic out of the shot if you have to. And, is there a bass cut (wind filter) on the mic?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have an AT835ST on my dvx100be, and the windmuff supplied by AT is junk. I recently bought a Rycote Softie, $100, and that is so much better. If the wind is behind the camera, there is still some noise, but from the side or the front, unless there is 20knots of wind, wind nise is history. Had to make a special mount for the mic to get the softie out of the video frame (I bought a 22mm diameter steel pipe and some long screws, I can send a photo if you need help).

I do have some noise @ 150Hz, in all conditions, but I remove that completely in Vegas. Never figured out where it comes from, probably because I have the european version @ 50Hz.
Chris Suzor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant