Anamorphic Adapter in April? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 7th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #1
Major Player

Anamorphic Adapter in April?

Was just surfing Panasonic's website and saw they finally updated the accessories page for the AG-DVX100. Looks like we can expect the anamorphic adapter sometime in April, followed by the wide angle in May. Also of note is a hood for the LCD screen, which is included in some of the package options sold at B&H. Check out the list here:

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...ag-dvx100.html
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've seen that posting also. The anamorphic adapter sounds very interesting. I've just ordered my DVX and I know that the anamorphic adapter is going to be one of the first accessories that I'll get.

Does anyone know if additional screw-on lens adapters or filters can be used with the anamorphic adapter?

Thanks!

Craig
Craig Weinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You can certainly use filters (assuming the A-lens has a filter thread that is) but you won't be able to use wide-angle or tele-converters on top. The A-lens will restrict the zoom you can use too, so it has its limitations.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #4
Major Player

Accessories page has been updated!

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...ag-dvx100.html

Price of the anamorphic adapter? $880. Wide-angle is $440. Can't wait to see what else is coming out in NAB.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2003, 05:58 AM   #5
Warden

The adapter is 72mm and will fit many cameras. This is a much anticipated adapter and may be very scarce for a while. Also don't expect much discounting on it with the demand so high.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Does anyone know if the Panasonic anamorphic adapter provides full zoom capability? I'd especially like to know if it preserves full-wide angle without vignetting.

Thanks!

Craig Weinstein
Craig Weinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:44 PM   #7
Space Hipster

I'm also curious if you can use is with the wide at the same time and with the Century tele as well.
Old April 9th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #8
Major Player

Craig, if you browse on over to the www.2-pop.com forums, in the AG-DVX100 dedicated threads, someone's posted images from the anamorphic adapter. Looks like you can zoom all the way through with no problems. However, there does seem to be some barrel distortion, but its very hard for me to see from the stills.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant