what is my DVX100b worth at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 25th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #1
New Boot

what is my DVX100b worth

hi, i am going to put my dvx100b on the market and i am wondering what a good used price would be, thing thing is only 6 mo. old. 30hrs on counter. has 2 batterys. other than that i have all boxes and all orginal accessories. just want to be fair in the world of used camera. the thing in in 10+ cond. thanks for any input.
i bought it from B&H for $3100
Jon
Jon Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Major Player

I would imagine it's worth whateer you can get for it. I bought a similar DVX100B in January for $1900. About 30 hours on it, looked new off the shelf. Didn't have the original box but did come with all the manuals and accessories, plus 3 filters, some tapes, and a case.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Do you need the money right away? If not I would ask $2500 and sit on it until somebody gave me that price. It's a completely fair price. Last year I sold both my XL2 and DVX. I was inundated with low-ball offers. I even got unsolicited angry e-mails telling me I was asking to much. Specifically a DVX I'd paid $3600 with 2 hours on the heads that I was asking $2900 for. I got that much for it after only waiting a few weeks.

If you believe your price is fair then stick with it. There are a lot of people out there that want to pay little money for high end gear (I don't blame them. Who wouldn't?), but don't be coerced or pressured to sell it for less than what you think is fair.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Or you can put a high price on it and nobody will buy it. Remember something is only worth as much as you can sell it for, not what you paid or want to sell it. I have sat on thing idiotically and then lowered teh price more to just get it out becuase the TECHNOLOGY got old faster than I could sell it.

Now if you are talking about a classica corvette... waiting is okay.
M
Malameel Shawky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Major Player

There's no sense in low balling yourself right out of the gate. Unless you're desperate for the money.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #6
Ryan Brown

Considering B&H is now selling them for $2600, I'd take anything over 2k for it, and that still may be a tough sale.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant