PANASONIC AG-DVX100BE vs DVX100E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Major Player

PANASONIC AG-DVX100BE vs DVX100E

Hi guys, Im after a stupid persons explanation of the difference between these two models. I understand the BE is newer and I think might have 16:9?

Any help would be great!
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

No the B version does not have Native 16:9 but it crops the image in LCD or squeeze for you so you can frame safely for 16:9 look and effect.
B version support multicamera stmp. and has lower video noise.
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

There are many, many improvements from the original DVX100E to the DVX100AE to the DVX100BE.

The original had no 16:9 mode, no autofocus in progressive, no color bars in progressive, no gain in progressive mode, etc. The 100A added all that and lots more. Then the 100B added a couple dozen more features, including things like the ability to sync timecode through firewire, transferring scene files through firewire, unsqueezing the viewfinder & LCD, lower noise, all sorts of stuff.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Major Player

thanks so much guys. Lower video noise is a great relief. Will this improve the stupidly noisy zoom?

:edit: just seen you said video noise... thats good but does anyone know if the zoom mechanism is just as loud as the previous model?

ALso what do you mean by multicamera stmp?

Do you think that I will still get a similar video quality between the two? I want to be able to use one of each, set them to the same settings in manual mode and find that the video looks identical or very similar. Do you think this is easily achieved?

thanks again

Last edited by David J. Payne; July 20th, 2007 at 03:08 AM.
David J. Payne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant