The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread - Page 55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM   #811
Obstreperous Rex

Re: The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread

We might need to start a new thread just for the X900.

B&H lists two models, the X900M and X900K with a $100 price difference.

What sets these two models apart? (edit:) D'oh, search is my friend. The K model is card slot only; the M models is card slot plus 32GB built-in flash memory.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM   #812
Inner Circle

Chris,

I think after 800 odd posts and over 130,000 views on this thread it would be a good idea to split out the newer X900 etc. in a new thread. I tried to help people find their way around with some indexing posts now and again but that's not the perfect answer.

However, bear in mind that CES is only a few weeks away and Panny, if they follow past performance, are very likely to announce a successor to the X900 series.

I suspect we'll see some new comparison threads soon!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:12 AM   #813
Major Player

Hi Chris and hi Andy,

I have a TM 900 and an X900. They are so similar why not make a 900 series section?
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM   #814
Obstreperous Rex

Agree w/ Alastair that we need a dedicated 900 forum.

Agree w/ Andy that it's probably a good idea to wait and see what Panny shows at CES.

Thanks!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #815
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair Traill View Post
Hi Chris and hi Andy,

I have a TM 900 and an X900. They are so similar why not make a 900 series section?

I am for that too,
TM900 users can still exchange experience as long as they exist, as well as learn about newer 900 cameras

Thanks,

Adrian
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM   #816
New Boot

Advice on HD Writer AE 3.0 Moving files

Excuse me if this is not the correct thread for this question, but i figured the people with most experience using the TM900 with HD Writer would be here.

I brought my HDC TM900 on holidays and used the HD Writer AE 3.0 software to copy the files from the camera onto my laptop. HD Writer runs fine on the laptop and i can see all the video files as normal.

On returning home, i copied all the files from my laptop (left folders and file names the same) into my PC using Explorer.

I normally run HD Writer AE 3.0 on my PC, and simply copied the files from the laptop into the folder used by HD Writer.

When i use the HD Writer s/w on my PC, i now see all the folders with dates before the holiday as usual. Each folder has a number of clips in it taken that day.

I also see the new folders that i copied in with the dates as the folder name. However these folders are greyed out (with (0) number of clips in each), and i can't select them.

Any advice?

Best Wishes,
Dave
Dave Brocklebank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM   #817
Regular Crew

Dave, I think you need to register those folders to enable them, see page 46 of HD Writer AE 3.0. I believe this is because you would normally register a foilder before you add the TM900 clips and I think the software stores this somewhere on your C drive. That is probably what you are missing up to now.
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #818
New Boot

I agree on splitting, but as someone who frequents other forums all over the place for years, having ONE THREAD for the lifetime of a particular camera strikes me as really odd. No matter how good one is with an advanced search engine on the content of posts, is it really productive to have x00 posts all with the title "ABC Camera User Thread". I mean yeah, make a 'sticky' post with go-to-info and FAQ info, update that some...but one thread on a camera? Really?? Check out DPreview <dot> com (owned by Amazon now)....if you go to the Panasonic Forum there, you find 100s of posts on the LX7 and 100s on the LX5- like "Focus Question on LX7" and "Accessory Suggestions Wanted for LX5"....isn't that a little more usable?

I am happy to have my HC-X900M to shoot around the holidays....I'm excited to discuss it and exchange info, but I'm disappointed to find the best plan offered is that it might be a good idea to have 'A THREAD' to discuss it. I mean how easily is one thread 'hijacked' or sucked into one topic about a feature or shortcoming....I'd love to see multiple threads on cameras.

My 2 cents....Happy Holidays all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
Chris,

I think after 800 odd posts and over 130,000 views on this thread it would be a good idea to split out the newer X900 etc. in a new thread. I tried to help people find their way around with some indexing posts now and again but that's not the perfect answer.

However, bear in mind that CES is only a few weeks away and Panny, if they follow past performance, are very likely to announce a successor to the X900 series.

I suspect we'll see some new comparison threads soon!
Philip Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #819
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Scott View Post
is it really productive to have x00 posts all with the title "ABC Camera User Thread".
Of course it is not productive, and I think it was discussed before. I wish we had "exposure settings" thread and "sound settings" or "microphones" threads etc. But we don't, and I don't know if existing msgs can be reorganized "post factum".
Separate threads for different cameras - OK, but TM900 and X900 aren't that different.

Best Wishes,
Adrian
Old December 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #820
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Watson View Post
Dave, I think you need to register those folders to enable them, see page 46 of HD Writer AE 3.0. I believe this is because you would normally register a foilder before you add the TM900 clips and I think the software stores this somewhere on your C drive. That is probably what you are missing up to now.
Hi Claire,
Thanks for that. Just in case it helps someone else, I will list what I tried and didn't work, and the solution that did.

Firstly I copied all the folders from the laptop which had been created by HD Writer AE 3.0 into the same directory on my PC where all my usual HD Writer folders were.

As this folder was already registered, i could not register it again. So i deleted it, and 'added' it again. This did not work.

Then I created a new directory on the PC, outside the usual HD Writer folders, and moved all the folders from the laptop into this separate directory.

Then from HD Writer, I registered this folder. It asked if I wanted to rename the owner of the files, and it worked fine.

Best Wishes,
Dave
Dave Brocklebank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #821
Regular Crew

I suppose taking your laptop meant you didn't need to buy a boat load of memory cards like me when I first took my TM900 on a long trip. Good info Dave, sure it will help others in the same position.
Old December 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #822
Regular Crew

Can someone please confirm whether or not either or BOTH the 900k and 900m come with printed manuals OR you need to print the manual from the enclosed CD?

thanks,
Walt
Walt Stagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #823
Regular Crew

My TM900k came with a printed manual.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #824
Regular Crew

Thanks, Adrian.

Deal is over 12/30....one day early.
Price back up to $749.
Walt Stagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:30 AM   #825
Major Player

Bear in mind that you can download a PDF manual and put it on an android / iphone / ipad / kindle etc and then always have it readily to hand.

I've done that for all my various manuals.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders