TM700 Long Recording Session at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old September 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

TM700 Long Recording Session

On 10/1 I will be recording a long musical event....approx 8 hrs with my cam sitting on a tripod. I will be operating the cam manually and dividing the music being recorded into individual files.

Just using the cam for 30 mins causes the cam to get noticeably warm and I've actually used it to record in similar fashion for 3 hrs. I've never noticed the built-in fan running.

My question is does anyone see any problems recording/operating the cam for such a long time? It's obviously not a procam but my old pvdv953 digitape cam worked flawlessly last year for almost as many hours.

Any comments would be welcome/appreciated.

TIA
Walt Stagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: TM700 Long Recording Session

Hi

The only problem is a build up of heat but the fan should help. It will have a temperature sensor and will shut itself down if it gets too hot. They are designed to get hot, like modern computers, it's easier to remove the heat if the design allows them to run quite warm due to a bigger temperature difference, so don't be too alarmed if it feels hot.

Good luck.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Phil...I'm taking my PV-DV953 as a backup, but I hope I won't have to use it. I'll report back here next week, upon my return.

Sometimes I think these things are just too small with too many parts crammed together. But I guess that's why you pay big bucks for the pro stuff in comparison.
Walt Stagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Successful recording session. Recording for 5-6 hrs with a few breaks in between. Didn't notice any significant heat generation by the cam at all.

Video looked great considering the relatively low lite.

I need to acquire more experience recording good audio tho. We used a combo of the Rode SVM and 2 Earthworks SR77 thru a mixer and out the mixer into the cam.

It's tuff to get good audio when bands refuse to take the time to do sound checks.
Walt Stagner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders