TM900 Replacement - Due Soon??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old January 4th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

TM900 Replacement - Due Soon???

G'day,

For those of us in Australia, the TM900 (which I am keen on upgrading to from a Canon MVX430) was never officially released, but even the SD900 model which was, basically didn't make it to Australian shores due to the Japanese tsunami...

(I was told by 1 retailer that only a handful made it here pre-Tsunami... and it wasn't until just before Christmas that I finally saw an SD900 in a store in Melbourne, retailing for about $1400 - a good few hundred below the original RRP.)

I know that the camera (in all its models) has been available here - via the grey market - which presumably means that although Panasonic Australia could not locate supplies, they were still available in other countries...

But either way - has the tsunami caused any delay in the release of a new model?

I've seen the SDT750 slashed down to $750... the grey TM900 @ $800, and now the SD900 for as low as $1299...

Cheers

Travis

Last edited by Travis Wheaton; January 4th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Travis Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: TM900 Replacement - Due Soon???

I have no answers Travis. But i'm in the same boat. Waiting for the usual 12 month refresh. But this time i'm going to wait to see what Canon do also. As the XA10 was close to being a contender until it DIDN'T have 1080p50!! So i'm hoping the next version not only has it.. but has it at 36mbit as well. (yeah i can dream). Which ever is the cam that has the better features according to my preferences will get the buy this time. My HV20 is great but the tapes are p***ing me off! lol
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Space Hipster

Answered here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasoni...placement.html
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Mmmm.... Interesting!

No doubt wont help reduce the SD900 model here in Oz, certainly not before my sister's wedding in February, which was my impetus for upgrading...

Still, could be good for "later on"...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders