Panasonic X900M - TM700/900 Replacement - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old March 26th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #31
Trustee

Re: Panasonic X900M - TM700/900 Replacement

[QUOTE=Andy Wilkinson;1786654]Yes looks like it is on the bottom this new model year too!.[/QUOTE

I thought so too, thats a pity,

Thanks Andy
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #32
Major Player

For those who haven't yet made the transition to USB 3:

It really is a good 5 times faster than USB 2. Not the 10 times sometimes claimed but 5 x genuine. This makes a heck of a difference if you are using several of these types of cams and need to get downloaded and backed up ready for the next days job. Also if its a cam that can only have its battery charged on-cam you have the use of the cam straight away instead of having to wait for the download to finish (I do have after market external chargers as well though).

For USB 3 you need to add a suitable card to your desktop and it will need power but this is all very straightforward and affordable. Just like adding a USB 2 or firewire card or slotting in a memory module. Then you should find a spare power mini power plug in your case - there are likely several of them previously unnoticed :- ) Check your motherboard is capable. USB 3 devices will likely come with their own cables e.g. the Lexar reader:

LexarŽ Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader | Lexar

For a laptop you simply need a USB 3 express card.

The 32gb cards give almost 3 hours recording at 1080 50p so you are unlikely to find you cannot change cards at some convenient point. It is a silly design fault though. But even with the TM900 side card slot I find I still have to loosen a head quick release plate before I can open the side door. I would remove the door but as i say the need to change cards quickly doesn't really arise.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #33
Trustee

I contacted Panasonic and was told that there wont be an "M" version of the X920, it will be the X920EB-K only.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM   #34
Regular Crew

I just bought an X900. Nice camera, although the LCD display is pretty well useless in bright light, even with the brightness setting turned up all the way. Here's a short test clip that shows off the great video this camera can produce.

Steve Struthers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders