TM900 Price Fluctuation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Tourist

TM900 Price Fluctuation

In the last 10 days or so, I've been debating purchasing the TM900 on B&H. The price has been all over the map. First day I checked it was $598, next day $699, after a few days back to $598, then back to $699, then down to $679, now up to $719. Knew I should of grabbed it at $598.

Why does the price move so much? It's like watching the stock market.
Jim Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Re: TM900 Price Fluctuation

It's been discontinued. Maybe the price reflects remaining units in stock? Or discounts from Panny to move out existing cameras? Just guessing here.

I bought a slightly used one for a very good price.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Might be due to the fluctuation in the US dollar. It's been up and down quite a bit lately. Fantastic value at any of those prices IMO.
Ian Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Major Player

Supply and demand. If you want one, you should get it now.
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Trustee

Amazon and B&H has been doing this for a long time for certain models. It's like a game that they play. If Amazon decides to sell the TM900 for $600 just for fun, B&H might match the price and Vise Versa, Amazon might do the same if B&H does it. You do notice so many times how the prices of B&H and Amazon have the same special price. If one were to run out of stock, I wouldn't be surprise if the other decides to increase the price of their stock. If it ever gets down to $600 again you should grab it as quickly as possible. I really don't think it'll go any lower at all. Theirs also no guarantee that It'll ever get to $600 again but as I said, if it does, snatch it as quickly as possible.

In a way, it does look like the stock market in which you're trying to buy it at the right time and will constantly check to see the change.s
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Regular Crew

If you buy at B & H and they lower the price within 30 days of your purchase, they will refund you the difference. Can't beat that!
Herm Stork is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders