Line-In on Panasonic HMC150 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Line-In on Panasonic HMC150

Katie,
Well I'm glad it worked out for you. As for doing a reception with an in-house system I'll be honest and tell you I have never ever had to. there is always a DJ, band or at the very least a PA system with speakers on stands. I did a wedding last October where the reception ws in the church, no liquor, no dancing, a harpist providing music and nothing but speeches from a whole lot of people. To get the harp music I used my AT897 on a small boom stand and my drum mic in front of the PA speaker. I used a Y connection to both and hooked that to my plug in transmitter back to the camera and hoped for the best. Believe it or not, it worked. Plus I had my hypercaroid on the camera which helped fill in any gaps.
I have done a few small seminars where they used the house system, which frankly left a lot to be desired but I used my 897 on a 9 foot stand pointed up towards a speaker in the ceiling (out of the way of people) and then ran that back to my camera. and again with the hypercaroid on the camera, it worked OK but I've also done it where I supply my own small mixer, run the house mic to that and pull a feed out of the mixer back to the camera.
You can only do what you can do and honestly, anyone that uses the house system for music at a wedding reception is asking for bad audio.
YMMV!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM   #17
Inner Circle

One of the biggest issues I find is that people giving speeches at weddings have no idea how to hold a mic so the first lady shies away from it and you hear nothing and then the burly best man eats it like a lollipop and there is distortion everywhere.

Using the lav that you had on the grrom during the ceremony works well for me. If there is a large surface like a lectern or table, my AKG boundary mic works really well plugged into a transmitter. Your audio is a little crisp but one can add some low frequencies in the NLE A boundary mic will get a good signal even if the speaker is up to 10' away!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM   #18
Inner Circle

In the US at least in my area I've never seen a podium or lectern used at a reception. Hell half the time I have to tell the speakers to stand in the vicinity of the B&G. They use the DJs wireless mic and seem to think that it will pick up their voices when they hold it down by their stomachs or out to one side or another. That's why I use the 2 mic system for receptions but as I have said before, it is what it is and you can't make a silk ear out of a cows purse!
O|O
\--/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders