DVX200 off-camera clips anywhere to download? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old January 26th, 2016, 07:08 AM   #1
Inner Circle

DVX200 off-camera clips anywhere to download?

Hi,

Before I pull the trigger on the much more expensive Sony FS5 (or even FS7 though this I doubt), I couldn't be sure the decision was right before seeing some unedited DVX200 footage straight off the camera. Can anyone help? TIA

Piotr
Old January 28th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: DVX200 off-camera clips anywhere to download?

Will it really help in the decision (either way) though?

If it looks good - is that down to this camera (vs the FS5), or simply the skill of the operator, skill of the grader or the nice way the camera has been set up? Similarly, if it looks bad - is that down to lack of skill of operator etc or intrinsic to camera?

It's possible to imply a lot from controlled tests (charts etc) as they tell you certain absolute factors, but I don't see real scenes of much use for comparative purposes UNLESS you can see exactly the same subject shot under the same conditions at the same time. One operator may like a soft look, another may like a harder feel, and have set up their cameras accordingly. Compare the two and it's likely you'll be comparing cameramen - not cameras.
David Heath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders