Here it is the new Panasonic GH1 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Adam, this post:
Japanese announcement of Panasonic GH1 and lenses - 1001 Noisy Cameras
seems to imply that they're already producing 5000 GH1 kits per month, and it links to a Panasonic Japan press release that specifies April 24th as the release date.
Joe Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM   #77
Regular Crew

Nice find! I just try to be a little pessimistic so I can be pleasantly surprised.
Adam Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM   #78
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gene Hoffman View Post
I also asked what the crap is 20fps and how is that useful to anyone and he said that the model before could do 15fps, and this was more than that, so Canon figured "Good Enough!" and threw it in there.

Talk about heads in the sand.
So that means that with the next iteration of the Digital Rebel, Canon will add 1080p at 25fps, making the PAL crowd happy. The following version will have 1080p at 30fps, and then the version after that will be 1080p at 35fps, and once again, no one will be happy.
Joe Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM   #79
Major Player

I still have my eyes set on this. I grew impatient for a small camcorder, so I purchased the Canon HF S100 for now. I wanted something super small, something I can hand off to other people to shoot, easier to focus with greater depth of field (I know, ya never hear of that being a preference), better low light with built-in faster f-stop (1.8), and I believe the rolling shutter is better than the GH1.

So I started to feel like the GH1 will be my new "precious", photography/cinema rig base that I am intimate and serious with. While the Canon HF S100 is more carefree/party/low-light/user-friendly vibe.

I may find myself with a bunch of cameras here - HVX200 (with RedRock M2), Canon HF S100, Sony DSC-R1, Panasonic GH1, and a bunch of Nikon glass - can one have too many cameras?

-steev
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM   #80
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev Dinkins View Post
I may find myself with a bunch of cameras here - HVX200 (with RedRock M2), Canon HF S100, Sony DSC-R1, Panasonic GH1, and a bunch of Nikon glass - can one have too many cameras?

-steev
Don't you just keep'em with your Ultimate 35mm Adapter? ;-)
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM   #81
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Koehler View Post
Don't you just keep'em with your Ultimate 35mm Adapter? ;-)
Heh heh, yeah. You're right - nothing quite compares to my beloved elephant trunk adapter. I'll probably find myself rigging 89 random optical thingies to this new mini camcorder as well cuz I just can't help myself!!! I even threw in several wide adapters in on the order. Woo hoo!!

-steev
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #82
Trustee

Australian press release including pricing info:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/2009/04/2...ull-hd-movies/
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series