DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Lumix GH1 Good Enough for Commercial Production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/333701-lumix-gh1-good-enough-commercial-production.html)

Dave Partington June 27th, 2010 02:51 AM

One hell of an excellent job Chris. I just watch the video and read the article. I'm impressed with the footage, and just as impressed you managed to get all that done using the band as crew :)

Thanks for the equipment breakdown too. It's always interesting to see what other people are using because it opens up the thinking on different aspects of shooting out of the normal comfort zone. Being able to see how it all turned out is even better!

Thanks again for posting this!

Christopher Ruffell June 27th, 2010 07:26 PM

Cheers Dave, glad the write up and Karl the DPs equipment breakdown were of use! Between Vimeo and DVInfo.net and a handful of other sites, I wouldn't be where I am today given DIY nature of indie video. Indeed, seeing what other people do sure helps get the mind to open up!

Ryan, totally, the hack does wonders eh? I never expected it so soon - wishfully, yes, but now that it's here, awesome. I'll post the projects when they're done for sure.

Christopher Ruffell August 10th, 2010 08:47 AM

Mortgage Broker Promotional Video

Again, the GH1 serves us well. Shot on location for a Mortgage Brokerage promotional video, the audio was done on a dual-setup (into camera, and external device). Note, this camera has have the G13 hack - bitrate could still go higher, I have no doubt of that. Here's the result our team came up with on site:

Christopher Ruffell August 17th, 2010 05:56 PM

Music Video shot with GH1 Airing on Rotation on National TV!!

The Habit music video has made the mainstream MuchLOUD channel (like MTV) here in Canada! On rotation, twice a day! You can watch it here.. the whole team that worked on it are excited!

Cole Grifter - Habit

Ian G. Thompson August 17th, 2010 06:37 PM

Aww man I got this error: Sorry, the video you are trying to watch is not available in your region.

Christopher Ruffell August 17th, 2010 10:13 PM

Video Can Be Viewed in any Country Here in HD

Aww, looks like it'll only work in Canada! The video can be viewed earlier in this thread, or on this page:

Aclara Directed Music Video on MuchLOUD TV Nationwide! Aclara Promotions – Quality Video Production Victoria BC

And here's the video (again) as embedded from Vimeo:

Carlo Zanella August 19th, 2010 04:01 PM

GREAT work Christopher! I hacked my GH-1 about 2 weeks ago: incredible and...I sold my 7D and bought a bunch of Canon FDs! I will post some clips soon.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

Christopher Ruffell August 21st, 2010 01:59 PM

GH1 in action (behind the scenes)

Thanks Carlo - awesome hack isn't it?!

I hope the GH2 can be modified in a similar fashion when it comes out - but - doubtful. Till then, GH1 onward!

Here's footage of the behind-the-scenes of the Habit music video - you can see me operating the GH1 (handheld). I tried to keep the B-Roll behind the scenes footage that the New channel got to not show the GH1's profile or head on.. it's so tiny! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEUI9TopjY

(p.s. how do i embed youtube on this site?

Carlo Zanella August 24th, 2010 11:19 AM

SIZE does not matter anymore...

Christopher,

I AM IMPRESSED BY YOUR WORK...and I think people will get used to see smaller rigs delivering professional products. Afterall you just proved that it's the person behind the camera that matters, NOT the SIZE of the camera. I find myself cutting in more and more clips with the GH 13 next to my 2 EX1s, and believe me, many times I end up liking what I get our of the GH MORE than the EX!

I don't know if it has been asked already, but what lenses did you use for this video?

Thank you.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

Christopher Ruffell September 19th, 2010 11:04 AM

NEW Video.. 1 Min B-Roll Promotional!

Much appreciated Carlo - great little camera, and it's size makes it all the more manageable! The lenses used for the Habit video were old Nikon primes - primarily a 50mm F1.4.

Again, more proof this camera can do PROFESSIONAL: Hired to shoot this short video for a massive development near where I live - it's a combination of GH1 footage and still photographs - shooting style was done in a way to best match the photographs that were intercut with. Would love to hear what you think!

Chris Hurd October 4th, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Ruffell (Post 1561255)
(p.s. how do i embed youtube on this site?

Vimeo only, on this site.

Christopher Ruffell October 14th, 2010 04:10 PM

Calling all Professional GH1 Users...

If you use a Lumix GH1, please post your videos here in this forum thread, and/or on this Vimeo Group we have going too! Use DV Info to dicuss :)

Professional GH1 Lumix Videos on Vimeo

Christopher Ruffell October 18th, 2010 02:03 PM

GH1 + Stedicam + Wedding Photographer Video

New video - shot this with a DIY stedicam and a freshly updated (hacked?) GH1. Worked very well! Shot with AVCHD 60P to get the slow motion shots - the GH1 was worth every penny for the slow motion function. Would love to get feedback - cheers!

EDIT: Shot all wides with stock zoom lens. Close ups with Tamron zoom (w/marco ability) lens.

Christopher Ruffell January 6th, 2011 08:12 PM

More Pro Lumix (with G13 hack.. )

Hi all.. here is more professional Lumix work - would love to hear what you think! The Maui video was for 'fun' of course, but, did it with a Jib, editing & grading, so I figure it's worth posting.. let me know your thoughts!

Jim Forrest January 7th, 2011 01:50 PM

Really liked the YES piece. GH13 I guess. Did you shoot it at 720p? Greenscreen for background?
The spot flowed very nicely from sound bite to sound bite. The last guy was a perfect ending.
Great work.

Jim