GH1 owners advice request at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 1st, 2010, 06:39 AM   #1
New Boot

GH1 owners advice request

Hi. I am about to get one (if someone knows of some great deals, welcome to share, for now B&H at 1223 USD is a champ), but I have couple of questions for those who use it. I will not using neck strap at all - too many broken rivets, holes in cam and so on. So my questions to you:
- how can you use tripod mounted strap, have an access to battery and use tripod at the same time? I want to avoid unscrewing the tripod mount bolt to a minimum
- what Olympus OM adapter do you recommend? I have 28, 50mm lenses which I would like to use with it, prefer one piece adapter
- where to get some small plate for tripod to get access to battery with it on the cam
- what lightweight tripod do you use
- small shoulder bag big enough for GH1 and 5 small lenses
Thanks for any informative advice
Peter Mlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Major Player

How lightweight of a tripod are you considering? I use a Manfrotto 755 legs with a 501 head. It's light, yet, heavy. As in, it's not a large camera tripod, but it's very sturdy and maybe too big for a smaller camera such as a GH1. I love it though - it's great.
Christopher Ruffell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series