4/3 adapter & 2x converter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Trustee

4/3 adapter & 2x converter

I'm trialing 2 GH1's for shooting weddings but would like to get closer than the 140mm zoom - I got the 200mm but I'm wondering about getting the micro 4/3 to 4/3 adapter and using an olympus lens with the 2x converter.

anyone tried anything like this?
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Trustee

Remember that with the 2 to 1 crop factor, your 140mm is more like a 280mm lens.
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Major Player

GH-1 + 200mm

I have the GH1 and the Canon FD 200 f2.8. As the other poster mentioned, 2x crop factor is like shooting a 400mm lens.

My thinking is you'll need a tripod, and that may be a not practical for a wedding.

By the way, while I like it overall, my biggest gripe is the dearth of bright m4/3 "native" lenses across the spectrum, Panny's 20mm f1.7 excepted. In low light like weddings, you may find this to be a problem.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #4
Trustee

Every teleconvertor or lens adaptor I've ever used on an SLR has had some kind of warning that says something like: "Do not use this lens converter with any other converter." Although that could be absolute rubbish designed to scare people into buying "native" lenses for their camera and generating more profit.

Your 200mm lens will give you an equivelant of 400mm which is about the same as an average consumer camcorder with a 10x zoom lens at full telephoto. That should be plenty for Weddings.
John Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series