DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Entire Santa Fe TV Show episode shot only on GH13! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/487401-entire-santa-fe-tv-show-episode-shot-only-gh13.html)

Carlo Zanella November 12th, 2010 10:18 AM

Entire Santa Fe TV Show episode shot only on GH13!

For the first time we shot an entire segment of the Santa Fe TV Show with our GH13 (the only shots NOT on GH was a brief timelapse late in the show, but not part of this segment). We went to SoCal to shoot the segment and we only brought the GH13, a G2 wireless system (directly into the GH13) and 2 GoPros for under water/"wet" shots.

The camera performed amazingly. Lenses used:
Stock 14-140
Canon FD 28mm 2.0
Canon FD 50mm 1.4
Polarizers, 0.9 ND filters, and transition filters
Custom rig and slider provided by Indisystem
Max bit rate 54mbps in FHD
Sometimes the camera froze (we use Transcend Class10, but we probably need to upgrade to Sandisk)

Enjoy!

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

John J. Arnold November 12th, 2010 10:53 AM

Hey Carlo-
Great work! Especially love the water shots and edgy edit, and I always enjoy the show.
Were you shooting native 24p on the hack, or did you remove pulldown in post (or at all)?
Do you ever shoot at lower bit rates, and if so are you able to avoid that freezing?

Carlo Zanella November 12th, 2010 01:08 PM

Thank you John for your kind comments.
No, not native, just 24 over 60I in the hack. I have several setting for the bitrates but I haven't tested the virtual "threshold" to avoid freeze. I'd rather upgrade to the faster Sandisk, because I LOVE the quality I am getting with the current settings on the GH13.
If you are from Santa Fe at one point we'll meet since we work there quite often.

Best regards.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

Mike McKay November 13th, 2010 12:39 PM

Great work, it's amazing what this cam (in good hands) can create. Your G2 went direct into the GH1...how did you monitor audio? Also, are you only using the tilt screen to monitor, or any external monitor used?

Carlo Zanella November 13th, 2010 05:10 PM

G2 tests on GH13

I tested the G2 system in various environments before shooting that episode. At the end of every clip, just made sure the audio was there listening to the internal speakers...I spent time in best mic placement and of course, "cross my fingers"...No external monitor, just a crew of 2, only video reference was the swing out display of the GH`13 and I wore a LARGE black hat to cover the light from every corner (in some of the Santa Fe TV Show episodes you can see me with that hat: it looks kinda dorky, but it WORKS).

Looking forward to the GH2 though, with some better (hopefully) control on both audio and video. Still a really fun camera to shoot with, and, in my opinion, amazing picture, especially with the FD prime lenses.

Thank you all.
Carlo Zanella
www.santafetvshow.com