Battery for GH2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old January 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Battery for GH2?

Finally got GH2 today and am just starting to try it out. The first thing I noticed was how much faster and more precise the auto focus is on the GH2 over my Nikon D7000, not even close.

Hope to compare some video in the next couple of days but in the meantime does anyone know where to buy a spare battery for the GH2, somewhere in the US? I have seen some shady ones out there but nothing that is the real deal or one that will work as well as the Panasonic one.
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2
New Boot

they dont have it on B&H's catalog, i would ask them if they can order it. i just received mine today from a online resource here in switzerland.
Thomas Bruegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

See my post http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasoni...s-ac-cord.html just above/below this post.
James Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Batteries available

You can order a battery by phone at 800-833-9626 which is the Panasonic National Parts Center in WA.
Cost is $69 plus tax and shipping. I just ordered one.
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

That is good news. They are still crazy expensive, but at this point I don't care. I just need another battery.
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Forrest View Post
You can order a battery by phone at 800-833-9626 which is the Panasonic National Parts Center in WA.
Cost is $69 plus tax and shipping. I just ordered one.
As of today, they're still in stock. I just ordered and extra battery and AC power supply. Tax and shipping all in all will go you about $155. Seems like a lot but then I think of my IDX batteries in which a basic system with no shore power is around $1200.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series