DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Moire with GH2 after converted (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/491856-moire-gh2-after-converted.html)

Jim Forrest February 21st, 2011 10:05 AM

Re: Moire with GH2 after converted

Download the trial and take a look around in it, but yes it does

Jeff Harper February 21st, 2011 10:26 AM

Thanks Jim. If you happen to see any reviews, particlulary with comparisons to Cineform, please post.

I have been looking but see nothing yet. They are not in the same category of tools, but still.

This is a consumerish looking tool that I hesitate to download without knowing more about it. On the surface it looks very interesting. I appreciate the post!

Jim Snow February 21st, 2011 11:04 AM

Hey Jeff, I have used TMPGEnc and it does a decent job of resizing. I just found Cineform / HDLink to be a better and MUCH faster way to do things. A lot depends on a person's needs. I do a lot of weddings as well as other types of shooting and I find Cineform / HDLink to be much better from my perspective. Other methods take more time and a TON of hard disc space. I do primarily multicam weddings that result in several hours of footage per wedding. I need the fastest and most efficient way to handle this footage. That's why I use Cineform / HDLink.

Jim Forrest February 21st, 2011 01:31 PM

Jim have you ever used ProCoder 3? I see B&H is still selling it.

ProCoder 3 | Grass Valley

I am editing with Edius 6 which fortunately has many of ProCoder's conversion tools built in but its still not as powerful as ProCoder.

Brian Luce February 21st, 2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Forrest (Post 1620492)
Jim have you ever used ProCoder 3? I see B&H is still selling it.

ProCoder 3 | Grass Valley

I am editing with Edius 6 which fortunately has many of ProCoder's conversion tools built in but its still not as powerful as ProCoder.

Ouch! 400 bones.

Jeff Harper February 21st, 2011 02:03 PM

Looks interesting but do not see windows 7 support.

Jim Forrest February 21st, 2011 02:38 PM

I am running ProCoder 3 with Windows 7 64bit and it seems to be happy.

Jeff Harper February 21st, 2011 02:50 PM

Jim S, like you I do a ton of weddings, so your perspective is especially valuable. HD Link is where my sights are set, unless something else is clearly superior or as good, and costs less.

I imagine ProCoder is quite good, as Canopus puts out high quality software, at least that's what I've read. But at over $400, it would have to be as good, etc as HD Link and as fast.

Jim F, have you used both?

Brian Luce February 21st, 2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1620526)
Jim S, like you I do a ton of weddings, so your perspective is especially valuable. HD Link is where my sights are set, unless something else is clearly superior or as good, and costs less.

I imagine ProCoder is quite good, as Canopus puts out high quality software, at least that's what I've read. But at over $400, it would have to be as good, etc as HD Link and as fast.

Jim F, have you used both?

All else being equal, the Cineform solution seems like a lot more value since it can do a lot of other things.

But $400 could buy me a lot of Virtual Dub Love.

Jim Forrest February 21st, 2011 03:47 PM

No I have not. Seems to be Cineform HD link is the favorite and gets great reviews here. I only have ProCoder 3 because I had 2 and got an upgrade.

Jeff Harper February 22nd, 2011 12:22 PM

HDLink Settings

1 Attachment(s)
Jim S, would you kindly review my settings? I'm unsure here.

In addition, I'm unsure of the workflow. I've been on Cineform site, but it is crawlingly slow today, at least for me.

The attached image shows what my settings are as of now. My purpose is to convert 1080i footage for the end result of an SD 16:9 video. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

By the way, it is fast, and it looks like a no-brainer purchase for my wedding work!

Jim Snow February 22nd, 2011 12:35 PM

Hi Jeff,

Those setting will do the job. When you load the converted files into Vegas, you may need to set the file properties to the proper aspect ration of 1.2121. Also set your project properties to NTSC DV widescreen 720 x 480, Deinterlace method - None (since your footage was converted to progressive), best rendering quality and you're all set.

Jeff Harper February 22nd, 2011 12:38 PM

Thanks Jim, I'm trying it out now. Is is best to deinterlace, or to leave it interlaced?

Jeff Harper February 22nd, 2011 12:41 PM

Jim, the files are coming out squished, 4:3 size.

Jim Snow February 22nd, 2011 12:45 PM

As I indicated above, go to Project media and right click on the file(s) and select properties and set the aspect ratio to 1.2121 on each file and that will take care of it.