DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Canon 5d mark2 vrs Panasonic gh2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/492188-canon-5d-mark2-vrs-panasonic-gh2.html)

Gary Brathwaite February 23rd, 2011 07:06 PM

Canon 5d mark2 vrs Panasonic gh2

Hello, a short video clip taken with two cameras, a tripod with canon canon lens 20-35mm f2.8 L, and GH2 Panasonic 14-140mm f4.5 lens.
YouTube - Canon 5d mark2 vrs Pananosnic gh2

Chris Barcellos February 23rd, 2011 07:15 PM

Re: Canon 5d mark2 vrs Panasonic gh2

Useless. Not even the same exposure, nor were there any attempts to shoot similar picture styles.

Jon Braeley February 23rd, 2011 07:32 PM

I refuse to watch any video when it has loud obnoxious music that has no bearing on the images we are meant to see. Why do people do that? What are they thinking?

Jeff Harper February 23rd, 2011 09:38 PM

Gary, I agree, lenses are too different to be compared, doesn't make sense, the comparison isn't of any value, really. A 2.8 vs a 4.5?

I own the 14-140mm lens, it is not a great lens. Till I can afford better, it will have to do. It's almost useless in low light. Those that own it already know that. $2500 will buy a fast zoom. .

Jon, I found your comment on the music to be excessive and pointless. Music taste is personal, just as religion is. If you don't like the music, why don't you just turn it down?

Patrick Janka February 23rd, 2011 10:02 PM

That video demonstrated nothing. Also the clips weren't labeled.

Jeff Harper February 23rd, 2011 10:07 PM

Yes, even though the comparisons of completely different lenses, Gary, maybe next time you could put text into the video so we can know what we were looking at, that would help a lot.

The lenses you chose to compare just don't go together in my mind, and I just didn't "get it", but that doesn't mean we all don't welcome your efforts.

If you were treated harshly, please accept my apology for my part. We are sometimes abrupt, but there is no malice intended. Keep coming back and post anytime.

Sareesh Sudhakaran February 23rd, 2011 10:08 PM

Not a bad effort, Gary. What conclusions did you draw from your own tests?

Jim Snow February 23rd, 2011 10:24 PM

Maybe it's better to not label the footage. That way everyone can claim their favorite camera was used to shoot the 'better' version ;-)

Jeff Harper February 23rd, 2011 10:33 PM

Jim, that was the first good laugh I've had today....thanks.

Jim Snow February 23rd, 2011 10:35 PM

Yeah, after your past couple of days, you needed a good laugh ;-)

Gary Brathwaite February 24th, 2011 02:46 AM

hello, I know that is not a fair comparison, today I better evidence using
the Contax carl zeiss Yasica lent that I have 50mm 1.7, panasonic GH2 is the first image has better quality lens even with a lower price.
thanks

Gary Brathwaite February 24th, 2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Snow (Post 1621515)
Maybe it's better to not label the footage. That way everyone can claim their favorite camera was used to shoot the 'better' version ;-)

the test is ,panasonic ,canon,panasonic canon,the gh2 has bettar image quality even whith a cheap lent.
thanks

Gary Brathwaite February 24th, 2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Janka (Post 1621506)
That video demonstrated nothing. Also the clips weren't labeled.

Sorry. The first begins image is the panasonic , this was a very quick test, , I had no time to balance well the cameras, he was alone that day.
thanks

Jon Braeley February 24th, 2011 07:30 AM

My point was this is a test of two camera images, not loud music - if you want to invite people to spend time watching it, then you have a responsibility to make it informative and enjoyable. This was not the case for me.

Jeff Harper February 24th, 2011 08:47 AM

Gary, speaking of lenses, I've got my eye on the 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM used with an adapter...should be VERY nice.

I used that lens with my Canon 40d and it was remarkable, and a great deal.