gh2 at music club at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old February 25th, 2011, 03:57 AM   #1
New Boot

gh2 at music club

Hello, one my friend asked to shoot his evening show in one nightclub, where will be lot of lightning, blinking lights, maybe even lazers. Can you give me advice, is there is no risk to film in the place like this? I am asking because, i have red before, that someone has broken his dslr shooting like this, But there was real dslr with mirror (5d/7d). As you all know, gh2 has no mirror. And i thought maybe here comes some benefits of mirrorless against mirror true dslr. Have someone expierece ? I try to google, but i realy need fast answer, so i hope i can find it here.
Gediminas Sulcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: gh2 at music club

You should be fine, except MAYBE for the lasers, but I don't know. Try googling some terms like "laser damage camera", etc and see what happens...good luck!
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Inner Circle

According to some threads, YES lasers CAN damage your camera, if it shines onto sensor directly.
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #4
New Boot

well , i was lucky, there were no lasers. But their was lots of lightning, sometimes i must to close aperture fully. All footage was at max 320 ISO, but i still see some noise. Maybe its just because there were so difficult place, so dark, but with lots variable lightning. O maybe i will find better quality after compression/decoder. we will see. I could post link from vimeo, from dark music nightclub if here someone finds it interesting ;]
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Post it please. Which lens did you use?
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #6
New Boot

now it's rendering, after i will upload to vimeo. And after i'll update this thread
btw, it was nokton 25mm f0.95 , without any postproduction, shooting without any support rig
footage will be decompressed twice, to fit 500mb limit at vimeo :] and i was shooting at 720p. so after this, i prefer not to use fullscreen mode ;]
Old February 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #7
New Boot

Old February 27th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Looks like eveyone had a blast! Thanks for posting...very difficult shooting conditions, but you did a good job. Great camera, I love it!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series