24p RENDER PROBLEM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #1
Major Player

24p RENDER PROBLEM

YouTube - 24P MOTION FILE.mp4

here is what my 24P clips look like after render,this applies to file to any disc or tape and playback on tv or pc,the files played before render show none of the jitter and play smooth direct to tv via hdmi,720P or 50i do not have the problem,my previous canons 25P also rendered smooth
ignore the filming defects i did not have a wide enough lens and did not film for slow motion and should not have put it in the file.
Any ideas why i get this problem with rendered 24P.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 24p RENDER PROBLEM

Appears to interlacing artifacts (or is it deinteracing artifacts, cant remember).

The problem you are seeing is created in your conversion process. This is common. While I am new and just learning the world of editing HD footage, I am guessing you processed as 24p, when the footage was actually 60i (24p in a wrapper).

So again, I'm guessing you need to determine how to process your footage properly within the confines of your NLE to get a better result.

I would post this question in a forum for your NLE, as they will know.

You would probably need to first take the original footage, before editing, and do pulldown removal, then take the new clips and edit, but you must make sure your project settings match the properties of the footage, and then you must render out with the correct settings as well.

You can also edit first, making sure your settings match the actual properties of the clips. Your clips are likely 60i, not true 24p.

It's complicated, and if you are new to this, I'm sorry to hear it, as it adds a layer of complexity to the whole experience. The better forum for you will be your NLE forum for maximum help.

Good luck.
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Hull View Post
YouTube - 24P MOTION FILE.mp4

here is what my 24P clips look like after render,this applies to file to any disc or tape and playback on tv or pc,the files played before render show none of the jitter and play smooth direct to tv via hdmi,720P or 50i do not have the problem,my previous canons 25P also rendered smooth ROUND THE UK CYCLE RACE on Vimeo ignore the filming defects i did not have a wide enough lens and did not film for slow motion and should not have put it in the file.
Any ideas why i get this problem with rendered 24P.
What NLE software are you using? Are you able to create a 25p timeline before you drag the video into it?
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Major Player

As i said in the other thread the problem is that my software does not have a 24p timeline so a slight jitter accurs after render, i managed to render a few files with movie studio hd platinum and they rendered to a smooth playback but i dont think i am up to learning how to use it for proper editing or perhaps just too old and lazy to change.thanks
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I think 24p for most purposes is unnecessary and overkill for casual use anyway; your're better off anyway, at least until you get settled in with your camera.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series