GH2 Very shoppy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Major Player

GH2 Very shoppy

My GH2 test very choppy and pixlated when i open it with cs5. what is going on. Help pls. Here is a samplehttp://www.vimeo.com/24038623
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH2 Very shoppy

That's a tough one for me, I can't tell what it might be, someone will pop in that might understand the cause.

You need to tell us what your settings were when you recorded. The problem is likely because of your settings in Premier. I use Vegas so I cannot tell you how to match properties or to render to the correct settings.

Make sure your properties for the project match the footage, for one thing, if you haven't already.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Major Player

I recorder it in 1080i and i used the avchd dslr setting in cs5. THis odd my 60 d footage plays fine but not the gh2. i just got the cam. i order a new but the sent me an open box one.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I can't stick around now, off to a wedding, but let's give it some more thought, and maybe by this time tomorrow we'll have a solution.

It's not your camera, I feel it is Premier for sure, but I could be wrong. Open box is usually fine, and hopefully yours is fine too.
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Fully agree with Jeff, almost definately your settings in Prem. Does the clip play back ok through the camera. If it does the camera is fine.
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Major Player

Does that link work for you guys? It does not for me.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:05 AM   #7
Major Player

My playback is choppy in Vegas -- but that's because because I have an old, slow Vista machine.

Your problem is probably not the camera -- more than likely it is a combination of your computer's limits and the requirements for decompressing the processor-intensive AVCHD codec.
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM   #8
Major Player

I am 99.9% sure it's Premiere. Choppy and pixelated described my AVCHD playback in Premiere before I built my new machine with an i7 quadcore processor and GTX 470 video card, plus lots more RAM. Now it's smooth as silk.
Corey Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Major Player

If you don't want to or can't upgrade your pc right now change your settings in premiere to preview at low quality.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Major Player

Well guys my pc is i7 930 with 470 card. it works fine with my 60d footage. how do u guys import your Gh2 footage into cs5. Iam just using import with into dslr seq. thx
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiflom Bahta View Post
Well guys my pc is i7 930 with 470 card. it works fine with my 60d footage. how do u guys import your Gh2 footage into cs5. Iam just using import with into dslr seq. thx
That could be the problem -- the DSLR sequences are all for progressive frames, and expect h.264 encoding in a MOV container.

Try to put the GH2's MTS files into the appropriate AVCHD sequence in Premiere (probably the AVCHD 1080i30 (60i) sequence).
Corey Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #12
Major Player

Thank you guys. all is good now. it was seq mistake
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #13
New Boot

Just for anyone else having problems like this, it would have to be the way you are importing video into your editing program. Importing as LowRez is actually how you can cut very HQ footage(4k) then master on a machine i.e. Smoke.

But everyone should really pay attention to the 'import settings' on any Editing Suite. Bottom line, you might not be getting most out of your footage.
Jeff Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series