DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH2 coupler on the way from Adorama (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/496426-gh2-coupler-way-adorama.html)

Jeff Harper May 25th, 2011 10:56 PM

GH2 coupler on the way from Adorama

My GH2 coupler is on the way from Adorama, having been on back order since Feb 13. If you need one check to see if they have it in stock.

I have a Tekkeon power supply that should power the GH2 for at least 6 hours, or so. It's been so long since I bought the darned thing I don't remember how it is supposed to last!

Helen Oster May 27th, 2011 03:18 AM

Re: GH2 coupler on the way from Adorama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1652957)
My GH2 coupler is on the way from Adorama......

Great news; enjoy!

BTW I'm only ever an email away if you need advice or after-sales support: Helen@adorama.com

Jeff Harper May 27th, 2011 06:55 AM

Helen, what a nice surprise to see you here, You get around, I must say!

Mike Leah May 27th, 2011 07:48 PM

Jeff, has adorama been good to deal with? I hear they are pretty decent.

Jeff Harper May 27th, 2011 08:41 PM

They are very good. They supposedly had some issues for a while with web not always reflecting what was not in stock, but I have been assured that has been fixed.

They are quick with shipping. I'd say they are on par with B&H, or at least very close. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

I had one minor issue with the coupler, but it was addressed nicely, received it today.

Mark Slade May 27th, 2011 09:50 PM

OH YEAH!!! Thanks Jeff. I had to call and order as the website still showed them as being unavailable. Talked to Al Lefko and he was SUPER helpful in taking my order. Got an e-mail this evening that they have shipped. Any one want some home made wooden adapters????

Mark

Bill Bruner May 28th, 2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1653506)
They are very good. They supposedly had some issues for a while with web not always reflecting what was not in stock, but I have been assured that has been fixed.

They are quick with shipping. I'd say they are on par with B&H, or at least very close. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

I had one minor issue with the coupler, but it was addressed nicely, received it today.

I'd like to second this. Adorama belongs with Amazon and B&H in the very top tier on pricing and customer service.

Others (Abe's of Maine, Tri-state, 17th St Photo, Unique Photo etc.) will sometimes have lower prices, but the top three are the platinum standard, in my view.

Jeff Harper May 28th, 2011 04:36 AM

I should add that I call B&H and Adorama rarely. I place my online orders and my things just show up. When calling, however, you may get a super helpful and knoweldgeable person like Mark did.

But be forewarned, at any of these stores you can also get a not-so-great salesperson. Most are fine, but some may be having a bad day, who knows.

It has happened to me.

If this happens to you, I suggest politely telling them you have to go and that you're not sure what you want after all. Then just start over with another store for that item.

Instead of just letting this poison my attitude about the establishment, I just switch stores for that item, and then go back to the other one next time.

Kevin McRoberts May 28th, 2011 11:04 AM

A DCC8 is actually being shipped to my door!

Jeff, I could literally kiss you right now. Well, OK, Mediterranean-man-both-cheeks sort of kiss.... but still. Thanks for notifying us.

Mark, I reckon you could eBay your wooden wonders and recoup your entire DCC8 purchase cost :D

Jim Snow May 28th, 2011 11:41 AM

Thanks for the head up Jeff. I just ordered one. I looked at an battery rig that can be used with this a few weeks ago but I can't find it now. Does anyone have a link(s) to one?

Jeff Harper May 28th, 2011 11:56 AM

Power Lumix

Jim Snow May 28th, 2011 12:00 PM

Thanks Jeff! That's the one I saw.

Helen Oster May 29th, 2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1653332)
Helen, what a nice surprise to see you here, You get around, I must say!

I do my best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Slade (Post 1653515)
....Talked to Al Lefko and he was SUPER helpful in taking my order. Got an e-mail this evening that they have shipped.

That is very good to hear, Mark. I've made sure to copy your posting to Al's manager - thank you for taking the time to mention it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1653573)
....at any of these stores you can also get a not-so-great salesperson. Most are fine, but some may be having a bad day, who knows.........If this happens to you, I suggest politely telling them you have to go and that you're not sure what you want after all. Then just start over with another store for that item.

Instead of just letting this poison my attitude about the establishment, I just switch stores for that item, and then go back to the other one next time.

I always appreciate if I can be informed of any instance of less than stellar service. We always investigate, and where necessary raise issues in manager/staff supervision sessions and/or team training updates.

Jeff Harper May 29th, 2011 03:23 AM

Since we're on the subject of online stores, I want to suggest that anyone looking for lenses, or anything, there is a used section at Adorama and B&H as well, that often have great deals. I purchased a used lens at Adorama at about a third off the new price. I paid $600 and it commonly goes for $900.

Helen, in the two or three times I've called your store for advice prior to placing my order, the salesmen were outstaning. I've had a less than great experiences at other stores, but didn't want to mention names! I think during the ordering process for your store I was able type in some positive feedback and inidcate this as well. Nice to know you're there!

Helen Oster May 29th, 2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1653796)
......there is a used section at Adorama and B&H as well, that often have great deals. I purchased a used lens at Adorama at about a third off the new price. I paid $600 and it commonly goes for $900.

Indeed there is; I believe there are usually around 25,000 units in there at any time - including bags, cables etc etc

Helen, in the two or three times I've called your store for advice prior to placing my order, the salesmen were outstanding. I've had a less than great experiences at other stores, but didn't want to mention names! I think during the ordering process for your store I was able type in some positive feedback and inidcate this as well. Nice to know you're there![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jeff Harper;1653796]

Good to hear, Jeff - I've passed your feedback to the sales manager to pass onto his team.