DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Scroll wheel on GH2 setting - help! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/496550-scroll-wheel-gh2-setting-help.html)

Jeff Harper May 29th, 2011 07:33 AM

Scroll wheel on GH2 setting - help!

OK guys, now it's my turn for help again!

I push the scroll wheel when in movie mode, and it's causing the focus assist to kick in, and it's driving me crazy!

This is a serious issue, as rely on the scroll wheel to adjust exposure compensation or shutter speed, etc. Normally when I push the scroll wheel I can choose between exposure compensation or adjusting shutter speed, aperture individually.

I don't know how I turned this feature on, but I need to turn it off. I have been through the menu and tried various things, came up with nothing.

Mike Leah May 29th, 2011 02:20 PM

Re: Scroll wheel on GH2 setting - help!

i would check the custom menu or something similar. i hear people talking about manual focus assist being a pain sometimes. is there anything about a manual focus assist within the menus? I dont have a panasonic yet so just guessing.

Jeff Harper May 29th, 2011 04:04 PM

Thanks Mike, I've gone through all the menus, including the custom menu, turned things off and on to no avail. I need to keep looking, and look through the manual again.

Roy Feldman June 1st, 2011 01:57 PM

with a panasonic lens or thru adapter?

Jeff Harper June 1st, 2011 01:59 PM

Adapter for FD lens, but I've not had this occur before with FD adapter. I gave up and am working around it. Used my GH1 today with FD lens and wasn't an issue, seems limited to GH2 right now. Don't know if it's a setting I changed or what.

Roy Feldman June 1st, 2011 02:17 PM

It works differently on a GH2 ((Better IMO) with an FD you are setting the aperture manually on the lens, just turning the wheel without the push allows adjustment of the shutter speed, do it and keep your eye on the meter, it will tell you if your on or under/over. Only adjustment you loose is exposure +/- which you control by turning the aperture on the lens or the wheel(shutter) with no push (or ISO).
As you pointed out in one of your posts when the meter is in the middle it will expose correctly or tweek it up or down according to histogram. Kind of the way my first 35mm worked 35 years ago, match the needle to the center, sort of amused that I've worked this long to get a camera that works like my first one did.
Why do I like it better? not having to find the small jor button and pushing it twice for focus zoom, it's really a lot faster.