Analyze my footage...why the varying light? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Analyze my footage...why the varying light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Janka View Post
No, I wasn't in AWB. How does the exposure lock work? I tried it today on a photoshoot, and nothing indicated it was working. Do I hold it in? What displays on the screen when it's engaged?

I'm using the Steadicam Merlin. Pain in the rear to use, but when you get it working correctly you get some great shots.
Patrick,

As Jeff mentioned, you'll see text in the lower left of the LCD & EVF indicating AF & AE are locked, AND a green dot in the upper right.

Good luck
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:30 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser View Post
I really like this camera but sometimes it's crazy with all the options!

My least favorite thing is the mechanical wheel on the top right of the body. Each settting seems to totally change the menu options and there are so many setting on the wheel that I'll never use. I only ever use "M" for stills and "M+camera icon" for video. I should put white out on the other functions.

I've accidentally bumped that mechanical wheel too, then I go to menus and I'm in the twilight zone because nothing looks as it's supposed to.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Thanks, Brian, that's what I've been saying! Camera is phenomenal, but TOO small. I push buttons accidenatlly EVERY time I use the camera, as no matter how you grab it your hand must hit a button.

But you just learn to think on your feet.
Old May 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Thanks, Brian, that's what I've been saying! Camera is phenomenal, but TOO small. I push buttons accidenatlly EVERY time I use the camera, as no matter how you grab it your hand must hit a button.
I ordered on of these, seems to be pretty cool.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/692449-REG/Opteka_XGRIPBK_X_Grip_Pro_Video_Stabilizing.html
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series